WKU honored 134 students from high schools in Bowling Green and Warren County for their academic achievements.
This year’s group has an average ACT composite score of 29 and grade-point average of 3.92 and included 33 Kentucky Governor’s Scholars and six National Merit Semifinalists.
The following students were recognized Oct. 20 at WKU’s Augenstein Alumni Center during the Bowling Green/Warren County Scholars Luncheon, sponsored by Franklin Bank & Trust Company:
- Bowling Green Christian Academy: Sydney Denton
- Bowling Green High School: Jackson Berryman, Jessy Brennan, Francesca Bruni, Annye Carlisle, Phi Chu, Blake Cleary, Anais Compton, Reed Crocker, Hugh Dillard III, Nia Dye, Paige Fields, Jackson Gooding, Gabrielle Hak, Katrina Hanson, Sarah Haynes, Crista Hernandez, Samuel Higginbotham, Tyler Hughes, Erin Jones, Sungmin Kang, Lucy Key, Jessica Klusty, Ellan Luna, David Mason, Sarah McDaniel, Elaina McGee, Shiven Patel, Caroline Patton, Matthew Pinerola, Sara Rastoder, Taylor Rogers, Amanda Salata, Sarah Schulte, Priyanka Sheth, Aidan Steiner, Priscilla Suh, Austin Young, Jessica Zhu
- Greenwood High School: Nicole Carr, Anakin “Shade” Cary, Skyler Crabtree, Cade Crawford, Adan Deeb, Devin Dettman, Christine DiMeo, Chelsey Fjeld, Alex Goff, Elizabeth Guthrie, Garrison Kennedy, Laura King, Samuel Lee, Winston Reed Mattison, Caleb Miller, Sawyer Moore, Drew Pearson, Matthew Propst, Kera Regan-Byrne, Remble Reginald, William Scott, Michael Shaffer, Oscar Skean, Kelli Mae Sutherland, Amy Thomason, David Wiles, Abbigayle Willgruber
- South Warren High School: Madeline Allen, Kaitlyn Bison, Brandon Brown, Emma Briggs, Taylor Creek, Bryan Cummings, Stephen Day, Megan DeVore, Ally Douglas, Cameron Esters, Daniel Garcia Lopez, Hudson Gifford, Megan Gilliam, Ed Huzyak, Megan Johnson, Mranda Kavanaugh, Brycen Lacey, Jessica Lenoir, Tanner Lindsey, Fan Linyue, Ryan Martin, Morgan Mason, Brandon McEwen, Jeffrey McGee, Melissa Menetrey, Reagan Miller, Timitryi Patterson, Sarah Pemberton, Sydney Pemberton, Henrique Piva, Natalie Poff, Heather Putman, James Rice, Erik Roepke, Kaylee Searcy, Courtney Starling, Chandler Stephanski, Kaylee Stewart, Savannah Trussell, Samuel Tuggle, Bailey Vandiver, Alecia Ward, Cameron Whitehouse
- Warren Central High School: Wilson Blakeman, Elizabeth Cain, Heather Canul-Pena, Ngai Chin, Estrella Flores, Chanley Gray, Brynn Hawkins, Shawn Jewell, Alejandra Larios, Khup Ma, Terra Ross, Zachary Schwarzkopf, Kevin Sims
- Warren East High School: Taylor Brindley, Rachel Cherry, Shelby Chobot, Morgan Gardner, Rachel Graham, Erin Houchins, Mikayla Kieffer, Tyler O’Brien, SaRia Santiago, Breona Shanklin, Destiny Smith, Emily Stiffey
Upcoming Scholars Luncheons
The luncheon was the third of eight recognition events WKU will conduct this fall. Here’s the list of other upcoming events:
- Oct. 28: Glasgow Area Scholars Luncheon at 11:30 a.m. at T.J. Health Pavilion Community Center, 310 N. L. Rogers Wells Blvd., Glasgow. Sponsored by South Central Bank.
- Oct. 29: Northern Kentucky Area Scholars Luncheon at 11:30 a.m. (Eastern time) at Receptions, 1379 Donaldson Highway, Erlanger.
- Nov. 5: Lexington Area Scholars Luncheon at 11:30 a.m. (Eastern time) at Hyatt Regency, 401 W. High St., Lexington.
- Nov. 10: Owensboro Area Scholars Luncheon at 11:30 a.m. at Owensboro Convention Center, 501 W. Second St., Owensboro.
- Nov. 12: Louisville Area Scholars Luncheon at 11:30 a.m. (Eastern time) at The Frazier History Museum, 829 W. Main St., Louisville.
Contact: Campus and Community Events, (270) 745-2497