The WKU Forensics Team closed out the semifinal round of debate, capturing the top four spots to win the debate tournament in Normal, Illinois, the weekend of Feb. 25-26. WKU acted as co-host to the tournament and was therefore ineligible for the team sweepstakes awards.
This finishes the open invitation tournaments for the school year and begins the run of national tournaments. After spring break, the team will travel to Boise, Idaho, to compete at the Pi Kappa Delta National Tournament, before preparing for the final two national tournaments in April.
Results from the 4th Annual Illinois State University/WKU Spring Tournament are as follows:
- Mark Allseits, a senior from Englewood, Florida, co-champion in Lincoln-Douglas debate and second debate speaker.
- Jon Sahlman, a senior from Modesto, California, co-champion in Lincoln-Douglas debate and fourth debate speaker.
- Bailey Rung, a junior from Blaine, Minnesota, co-champion in Lincoln-Douglas debate.
- Alex Rivera, a freshman from Newton, Kansas, co-champion in Lincoln-Douglas debate.
- Brian Anderson, a sophomore from Hodgenville, third debate speaker and quarterfinalist in Lincoln-Douglas debate.
- Damon Brown, a senior from Kansas City, Missouri, fifth debate speaker and quarterfinalist in Lincoln-Douglas debate.
- Anthony Survance, a freshman from Louisville, quarterfinalist in Lincoln-Douglas debate.
- Kelly Stone, a sophomore from Louisburg, Kansas, octofinalist in Lincoln-Douglas debate.
- Lane Hedrick, a sophomore from Morehead, octofinalist in Lincoln-Douglas debate.
Contact: Ganer Newman, (270) 745-6340