WKU will be hosting the 2016 Russell Athletic/KHSAA Commonwealth Gridiron Bowl, the Conference USA championship game and several other events Dec. 2-4. (More: Weekend event parking/traffic information; WKU Gridiron Bowl page; game day plans for C-USA championship)
Russell Athletic/KHSAA Commonwealth Gridiron Bowl
- Friday, Dec 2: Class 1A championship game — Beechwood 21, Hazard 14. More: 1A game parking map
- Saturday, Dec. 3: Class 3A championship game — Belfry 52, Louisville Central 31; Class 6A championship game — Trinity 56, Lexington Lafayette 21. More: 3A/6A game parking map; 3A game pregame traffic alternate route
- Sunday, Dec. 4: Class 2A championship game — Christian Academy-Louisville 24, Danville 6; Class 4A championship game — Johnson Central 48, Franklin-Simpson 0; Class 5A championship game — Bowling Green 70, Pulaski County 22. More: 2A/4A/5A game parking map
- WKU Store hours: The WKU Store (located on the Downing Student Union ground floor) will be open from 7:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. Friday; 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. Saturday; and noon to 7 p.m. Sunday.
- More: Weekend parking/traffic information; KHSAA news release on updated Gridiron Bowl schedule; bus unloading/parking map
Conference USA championship
- WKU hosts Louisiana Tech on Saturday (Dec. 3) in the 2016 Dynacraft Conference USA Football Championship Game, set for an 11 a.m. CT kickoff on ESPN from Houchens Industries-L.T. Smith Stadium. The Hilltoppers are the first school in league history to host the championship game in consecutive seasons, and tickets are the game are available by going to WKUTickets.com or calling 1-800-5-BIGRED. The ticket office will be open for extended hours on Thursday and Friday from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. to accommodate advance purchases. Tickets can be purchased for as little as $15 for groups of four. Ticket booths at the stadium will open at 8 a.m. Saturday. More: Game day plans; weekend parking/traffic information; tailgating map
- Tailgating and Topper Walk: Tailgating will begin at 8 a.m. with Topper Walk at 8:45 a.m. Tailgating is allowed in all non-reserved parking lots and in designated grassy areas. Fans may utilize other grass and lawn areas throughout campus to picnic and for other non-tailgating activities. All areas will be closed 30 minutes prior to kickoff. Pop-up tents, grills and coolers are permissible, and loading and unloading zones are located throughout campus and available on a temporary basis for those wishing to unload items on the lawns where parking is not permitted. WKU Athletics reserves the right to close grass tailgating areas due to inclement weather. More: Tailgating map
- Parking: Lots normally reserved for the Hilltopper Athletic Foundation will have parking passes available for purchase to the general public for $10 as space permits, including space in both parking garages near Houchens-Smith Stadium. Free parking is available at the Kentucky Street, Creason Street and University Boulevard lots with shuttle service beginning at 8:30 a.m., and are part of over 3,000 free paved parking spaces available throughout campus for fans attending the game. More: Weekend parking/traffic information; tailgating map
- Opening Act: The WKU Alumni Association will host Opening Act, sponsored by US Bank, at the Augenstein Alumni Center at 292 Alumni Ave. The building will be open to the public from 9 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. Saturday. All alumni and fans are invited to tailgate on the lawn and enjoy the facility. Food and beverages are available for purchase at the Satterthwaite Atrium Bar located inside the Augenstein Alumni Center. For information, contact the WKU Alumni Association at (270) 745-4395 or email@example.com. Visit the Opening Act page for details.
- Road Closings: Avenue of Champions will be closed from 7 a.m. to about 11:15 p.m.; College Heights Boulevard will be closed at Colonnade Drive from 8:30 a.m. to 11 a.m.; University Boulevard and Russellville Road will be closed to incoming traffic from 2 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. (Use College Street to access campus). More information on traffic/parking changes.
- More: Weekend parking/traffic information; tailgating map
Other Dec. 2-4 events on WKU campus
Children’s Theatre Series
- WKU’s Department of Theatre & Dance concludes its Children’s Theatre Series season with The Imaginators. Show times are 4 p.m. Dec. 2, 3 p.m. Dec. 3 and 3 p.m. Dec. 4 at Gordon Wilson Hall Lab Theatre. More: Ticket information
The Symphony at WKU
- The Symphony at WKU will present its Holiday Pops concert at 7:30 p.m. Dec. 2 at Van Meter Hall. More: Ticket information
- The WKU Forensics Team will host its annual Junior Hilltopper Classic at 8 a.m. Dec. 3 at Garrett Conference Center. The event is open to the public.
Teach Meet Kentucky
- Teach Meet Kentucky will be held from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Dec. 3 at Gary Ransdell Hall.
Christmas in Kentucky
- The Kentucky Museum will present its 10th annual Christmas in Kentucky celebration from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Dec. 3. Parking will be available in the Kentucky Street Lot. The event is open to the public and follows the Bowling Green Christmas Parade. More: Parking information
- Dance Images Christmas Recital will begin at 2 p.m. Dec. 3 at Van Meter Hall. Admission is free.
Weekend parking/traffic information for campus community
Contact: Campus and Community Events, (270) 745-2497