WKU hosts Conference USA East Division foe FIU at 4:30 p.m. Saturday (Nov. 5) at Houchens Industries-L.T. Smith Stadium for Military Appreciation Day.
All active duty and veterans of the armed forces can receive complimentary admission with a valid ID. First Responders and Boy Scouts are also encouraged to contact the ticket office to take advantage of special deals. Use promo code “USA” for $10 off tickets on WKUTickets.com.
Tailgating areas will open at 8 a.m. The Topper Walk along Avenue of Champions will begin at 2:15 p.m. Several lots near the stadium are reserved for event parking. Free event parking with shuttle service is available in the University Boulevard Lot, Jones-Jaggers Lot, Creason Lot, Russellville Road West Lot, Adams Street Lot, Kentucky Street Lot and Alumni Square Garage. More: Parking changes/road closings; tailgating map; shuttle service map.
Fans with gameday questions can head to the “Stewart Richey Fan Experience Center,” located at the 50-yard line of the east concourse, to get all the answers to their in-stadium questions.
In addition to the football game on Saturday, WKU Volleyball hosts MTSU at 2:30 p.m. at Diddle Arena and Hilltopper Basketball hosts an exhibition game against Kentucky Wesleyan at 8 p.m. at Diddle Arena.
Ticket booths at the stadium will open at 12:30 p.m. Saturday. The Ticket Office at E.A. Diddle Arena will be open Saturday at 9 a.m. until sales shift to the stadium. For information, contact the WKU Ticket Office at 1-800-5-BIG RED or (270) 745-5222.
Gates at the stadium will open 90 minutes prior to kickoff, and doors to the Jack and Jackie Harbaugh Club will open two hours prior to the game. Gates 1, 3, 5 and 6 are used for general public entry and sales, and Gate 4 is the student entrance with Gate 3 used for student guest entry. Also located at Gate 5 is W-Club will call and sales, general public will call, cheerleading and dance pass list, recruit pass list for sports other than football, football player and coach pass list.
Tailgating areas open at 8 a.m. Saturday and will close 30 minutes prior to the start of the game. Tailgating is allowed in all non-reserved parking lots and in designated grassy areas. Fans may utilize other grass and lawn areas throughout campus to picnic and for other non-tailgating activities. All areas will be closed 30 minutes prior to kickoff. Pop-up tents, grills and coolers are permissible, and loading and unloading zones are located throughout campus and available on a temporary basis for those wishing to unload items on the lawns where parking is not permitted. The grass on the South Lawn is available for picnicking this season, with fans able to utilize the grass on gameday as space allows. WKU Athletics reserves the right to close grass tailgating areas due to inclement weather. More: Tailgating map.
Opening Act at Augenstein Alumni Center
The WKU Alumni Association hosts Opening Act on gamedays, sponsored by US Bank, at the Augenstein Alumni Center at 292 Alumni Ave. The building will be open to the public from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday. All alumni and fans are invited to tailgate on the lawn and enjoy the facility. Food and beverages are available for purchase at the Satterthwaite Atrium Bar located inside the Augenstein Alumni Center. For information, contact the WKU Alumni Association at (270) 745-4395 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit alumni.wku.edu for details.
Gameday Parking & Traffic
WKU Parking & Transportation has posted information for fans and the WKU community about event parking and road closures for Saturday’s game.
- Gameday parking lot and road closings
- Parking/transit information for WKU students
- Parking information for WKU faculty and staff
- Tailgating map
- Event parking: The College Heights Boulevard Lot and portions of South Lawn Lot will be reserved beginning at 4:30 p.m. Friday. Lots surrounding Diddle Arena (Diddle North, Diddle South, Diddle West), Smith Stadium (South Lawn Lot, Avenue of Champions, Smith West Lot) and PS1 Level 3 will be reserved for event parking beginning at 6 a.m. Saturday. All lots must be cleared by 7 a.m. Other lots reserved for event parking starting at 6 a.m. Saturday are Jones-Jaggers, Service Supply, Russellville Road Lots and a portion of Gated Regents Lot.
- Free Public Parking with Shuttle Service: Free event parking with shuttle service is available in the University Boulevard Lot (Lot A), Jones-Jaggers Lot (Lot B, Disability parking), Creason Lot (Lot C), Russellville Road West Lot (Lot D), Adams Street Lot (Lot E), Kentucky Street Lot (Lot F), and Alumni Square Garage (Lot G). Complimentary shuttle service begins at 2:30 p.m. and runs continuously on three different routes. See Shuttle Routes Map. Service is suspended after kickoff and resumes at halftime until approximately 11 p.m. All buses are equipped to provide ADA service.
- Disability and RV Parking: Disability parking is available in the Jones-Jaggers Lot beginning at 8 a.m. Shuttle service begins at 2:30 p.m. RV Parking will be provided in the Service Supply Lot on a first come, first served basis beginning at 6 p.m. Friday. Driving lanes must remain open at all times.
- Road Closings: Avenue of Champions will close at 12:30 p.m. Saturday. Traffic will detour onto College Heights Boulevard. The downhill lane of College Heights Boulevard will close from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. Traffic will detour onto Colonnade Drive. Alumni Avenue will be closed in front of Augenstein Alumni Center from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. Use Kentucky Street to access the Alumni Avenue entrance to Alumni Square Garage.
- Traffic Control: WKU and Bowling Green Police will begin directing event traffic away from campus at the end of the third quarter.
For parking/traffic information, contact Parking & Transportation, (270) 745-2361
For gameday information, contact Kyle Neaves, (270) 745-3756