WKU honored 63 students from five high schools in the Glasgow area for their academic achievements.
The group of students invited to this year’s luncheon has an average ACT composite score of 27.65 and grade-point average of 3.86 and included 18 Governor’s Scholars/Governor’s School for the Arts/Governor’s School for Entrepreneurs and one National Merit Semifinalist.
The following students were recognized Oct. 27 at the TJ Samson Health Pavilion Community Center during the Glasgow Area Honors Luncheon:
- Barren County High School: Steven Birge, Lydia Brooks, Rebecca Calvert, Sara Davis, Rebecca Hurley, Jessica Johnson, Amanda Jones, Taryn Kerley, Dalton Kinslow, Anne Kinsman, Colten Montgomery, Angela Orozco, Kylee Pipgrass, Raina Rodriguez, Julianne Stahl, Caleb South, Caitlyn Trulock, Erin Walton, Meagan Wilson
- Caverna High School: Demarco Driver-Mills
- Glasgow High School: Dustin Asher, Nathan Asher, Subhana Ashfaq, Roshawn Brooks, Parker Cassady, Meredith Crane, Dustin Danini, Yasmean Fogle, Vanessa Gornik, William Harris, Priscilla Hernandez-Roman, Katherine Jones, Emmalee Lawrence, Harrison Marcol, Samantha Melendez, Josiah Moore, Lane Norris, Ashland Page, Anish Patel, Mitchell Ponder, Samuel Richardson, Abby Rock, Zoie Ross, Caleb Tamminga, Chase Watkins, Charlie Wood
- Metcalfe County High School: Miles Johnson, Cheyenne Perry, Jerrica Reed, Benton Vibbert, Patrick Warf
- Monroe County High School: Tori Burks, Claire Bybee, Alexis Emmert, Madelyn Grider, Trevor Hall, Laura Jane Hamilton, Joseph Hurt, Garrett Keele, Brooks Smith, Joni Thompson, Mallory Thompson, Lyla Turner
Upcoming Honors Luncheons
The luncheon was the sixth of eight recognition events WKU will conduct this fall. Here’s the list of other upcoming events:
- Nov. 1: Five County Honors Luncheon (Allen, Butler, Edmonson, Logan and Simpson counties) at 11:30 a.m. at WKU’s Augenstein Alumni Center, 292 Alumni Ave., Bowling Green. Sponsored by Franklin Bank & Trust Company.
- Nov. 3: Bowling Green/Warren County Honors Luncheon at 11:30 a.m. at WKU’s Augenstein Alumni Center, 292 Alumni Ave., Bowling Green. Sponsored by Fort Knox Federal Credit Union.
Contact: Campus and Community Events, (270) 745-2497