WKU honored 80 students from eight high schools in the Owensboro area for their academic achievements.
The group of students invited to this year’s luncheon has an average ACT composite score of 28.43 and grade-point average of 3.89 and included 39 Governor’s Scholars/Governor’s School for the Arts/Governor’s School for Entrepreneurs and five National Merit Semifinalists.
The following students were recognized Oct. 25 at the Owensboro Convention Center during the Owensboro Area Honors Luncheon:
- Apollo High School: Madison Bowlds, Kate Bowley, Rachel Hunter, Chelsea Sams, Rachel Thomas, Olivia Wright
- Daviess County High School: James Barlow, Kaylee Basham, Jarrod Blackham, Faith Boles, Rebecca Caldbeck, Mason Clark, Sydney Edge, Lauren Elliott, Ava Embrey, Rachel Farmer, Jasiel Fernandez, Macey Higdon, Shelby Hite, Jacob Howard, Courtney Kamuf, Katherine Lamb, Neil Madadi, Collin Merkel, Jacob O’Bryan, Chelsey Page, Hayley Payne, Seth Phillips, Jasmyne Post, Karli Sanders, William Smith, Alexis Sutherland, Rachel Taylor, Rachel Terry, Franklin Tucker, Siddhi Vora, Stephen Ward
- Hancock County High School: Lauren Brown, Leah Marsch, Olivia Potts, Ian Rice, Brendan Roberts
- Henderson County High School: Maria Edwin, Regina Parker, DeJuan Simpson
- McLean County High School: Cooper Bishop, Corissa Floyd, Keile Jackson, Tyler Oakley
- Ohio County High School: Sara Allen, Kenlee Autry, Daniel Bongiovani, William Davis, River Embry, Katie Sam Gaither, Rolando Juan, Johnathan Smith, Allen Zamora
- Owensboro Catholic High School: Sarah Brown, Ashleigh Deno, Danielle Durbin, Allison Ford, Hannah Garvin, Adaira Hatchett, Hope Johnson, Katelin Maggard, Megan McCarthy, David Weafer
- Owensboro High School: Zoe Alsup, Michelle Atkinson, Anantay Bowling, Megan Cannon, Alexis Dube, Halle Gibson, Abigail North, Bryan Sapp, Jacob Quiggins, Madelynn Walker, Trinity Washington, Lindsey Williams
Upcoming Honors Luncheons
The luncheon was the fifth of eight recognition events WKU will conduct this fall. Here’s the list of other upcoming events:
- Oct. 27: Glasgow Area Honors Luncheon at 11:30 a.m. at T.J. Health Pavilion Community Center, 310 North L. Rogers Wells Blvd., Glasgow. Sponsored by South Central Bank.
- Nov. 1: Five County Honors Luncheon (Allen, Butler, Edmonson, Logan and Simpson counties) at 11:30 a.m. at WKU’s Augenstein Alumni Center, 292 Alumni Ave., Bowling Green. Sponsored by Franklin Bank & Trust Company.
- Nov. 3: Bowling Green/Warren County Honors Luncheon at 11:30 a.m. at WKU’s Augenstein Alumni Center, 292 Alumni Ave., Bowling Green. Sponsored by Fort Knox Federal Credit Union.
Contact: Campus and Community Events, (270) 745-2497