WKU recognized its top volunteers, alumni and alumni chapters Thursday night (Oct. 20) at the annual Summit Awards.
Distinguished Service Medals to recognize the service of the University’s top volunteers were presented to Melissa Dennison of Glasgow, Julie Ransdell of Bowling Green and Carol Wedge of Bowling Green.
Zach Wedding of Louisville was named the Young Alumnus of the Year and Bev Furnish of Edgewood was named the Alumna of the Year.
The Barren County, Greater Louisville, Music City, Owensboro and Northern Kentucky alumni chapters were recognized efforts in organizing alumni programs in their home communities
The Summit Awards were presented by Service One Credit Union and were held at the Knicely Conference Center at WKU’s South Campus as part of Homecoming activities.
University-wide Volunteer of the Year awards were presented to the following:
- Jane Barthelme, WKU Public Broadcasting – WKU NPR
- Bob Baysinger, Hilltopper Athletic Foundation Board
- Vicki Carson, WKU Public Broadcasting – WKU PBS
- Melissa Dennison, Ogden College Advisory Council
- Marshall Gray, Society of African American Alumni Association
- Laura Hagan, WKU Research Foundation Board
- Micheal Hale, WKU Glasgow
- Bruce and Diane Harney, Honors College Parents’ Advisory Council
- Tom Hart, WKU Foundation Board of Trustees
- Pam Herriford, Alumni W-Club
- Julie Hinson, Alumni Association National Board of Directors
- Marybeth Hunt, The Center for Gerontology
- Jim Ising, Business Executive Advisory Council of the Gordon Ford College of Business
- Nannette Johnston, College of Education Advisory Board
- Bob Layne, Communication Advisory Council
- Stuart Locke, College of Health and Human Services, Stakeholders Advisory
- Grady Marks, Young Alumni Council
- Molly McCaffrey, WKU Libraries
- April Murphy, WKU Elizabethtown/Fort Knox
- Julie Ransdell, WKU Sisterhood
- Wanda Scott, College Heights Foundation Board
- Rico Tyler, The Center for Gifted Studies
- Carol Wedge, Society for Lifelong Learning
- Tracey and Mitchell Wesley, Gatton Academy Parents
Contact: Ginny Hensley, (270) 745-4395