WKU continued its 2016 series of scholars luncheons this week by honoring 91 outstanding students from high schools in the Lexington and Louisville areas.
26 students recognized at Lexington luncheon
During the Lexington Area Honors Luncheon on Oct. 18, WKU recognized 26 students from eight high schools for their academic achievements. The group of students invited to the luncheon had an average ACT composite score of 30.47 and grade-point average of 3.93.
The following students were recognized at the Signature Club of Lansdowne:
- George Rogers Clark High School: Sarah Kennedy, Natalie May, James Rogers
- Henry Clay High School: Rachel Bragg, Lauren Haga, Hope Reed, Cole Ralenkotter
- Lafayette High School: Grace Martin, Grace Michels
- Lexington Catholic High School: Maura Coriale
- Paul Laurence Dunbar High School: Mikhalya Brown, Kaitlynn Craig, Ellen Danford, Hannah Fitzpatrick, Michael King, Dennis Mashindi, Nisarg Patil
- Tates Creek High School: Phillip Bryant
- Trinity Christian Academy: Emily Caldwell, Ryan Carter
- Woodford County High School: Eliot Bradshaw, Kathryn Craig, Andrew Iglehart, Rachael Kral, Alyssa Parrett, Jodie Smith
65 students recognized at Louisville luncheon
During the Louisville Area Honors Luncheon on Oct. 20, WKU recognized 65 students from 18 high schools for their academic achievements. The group of students invited to the luncheon had an average ACT composite score of 29.73 and grade-point average of 3.91.
The following students were recognized Oct. 20 at The Frazier History Museum:
- Assumption High School: Kelsey Nicole Everslage, Amanda Ellen Hanger, Kristen Marie Karem
- Atherton High School: Abigail Balkin
- Ballard High School: Bailey Morris, Jadyn Sgro, Patrick Valsted, Tessa Whalen
- Bullitt Central High School: Amy Docter, Kelsin Kemble, Kendra Rigney
- Bullitt East High School: Grace Jackson, Rachel Moss, Kaleb Perdew
- Christian Academy of Louisville: Michael Lagestee, Kenneth Purvis
- Cornerstone Christian Academy: Sarah Tipton
- DeSales High School: Ryan Carlin
- DuPont Manual High School: Chloe Cooper, Jared Downey, Sophie Hill, Chloe Hutchins, William McBride Jr., Grayson Smith, Parker Van Houten
- Eastern High School: Tarryn Long, Peyton Mills, Abhishek Pandey, Chase Peterson, Maya Pierce, Nathan Rummel, Ryan Scanlon
- Kentucky Country Day: Noah Gillis
- Louisville Classical Academy: Claire Benver, Ruthie Dworin
- Male High School: Andrew Arnold, Allison Bradshaw, Cameron Fontes, Kimberly Jefferson
- Mercy Academy: Amanda Beavin, Emma Fitzgerald, Hannah Hart, Lilly Kramer, Katie Lagerstrom, Morgan Rohleder, Briana Ruzanka, Emily Smith, Taylor Stratman, Margarete Tompkins, Audrey Wichmann
- Oldham County High School: Nathaniel Hoey, Brandon Howard, Madison Weiland, Maria Williams
- Pleasure Ridge Park High School: Sara Creech, Crystal Dobson, Sarah Mitchell
- Southern High School: Alejandra Perezlima, Sarai Balbi Sandoval
- Whitfield Academy: Andrew Harrod, Emily Jacobson, Ashton Leet, Savannah Malone, Jayla Smith, Arian Zhan
Upcoming Honors Luncheons
- Oct. 25: Owensboro Area Honors Luncheon at 11:30 a.m. at Owensboro Convention Center, 501 W. Second St., Owensboro. Sponsored by US Bank.
- Oct. 27: Glasgow Area Honors Luncheon at 11:30 a.m. at T.J. Health Pavilion Community Center, 310 North L. Rogers Wells Blvd., Glasgow. Sponsored by South Central Bank.
- Nov. 1: Five County Honors Luncheon (Allen, Butler, Edmonson, Logan and Simpson counties) at 11:30 a.m. at WKU’s Augenstein Alumni Center, 292 Alumni Ave., Bowling Green. Sponsored by Franklin Bank & Trust Company.
- Nov. 3: Bowling Green/Warren County Honors Luncheon at 11:30 a.m. at WKU’s Augenstein Alumni Center, 292 Alumni Ave., Bowling Green. Sponsored by Fort Knox Federal Credit Union.
Contact: Campus and Community Events, (270) 745-2497