The first 1,500 fans into the stadium on Saturday will receive a free, limited edition Feix Field towel. Fans are encouraged to match the team and wear RED for the 85th annual Homecoming Game. The Homecoming Queen will be crowned at halftime. Tailgating areas will open at 8 a.m. The Topper Walk along Avenue of Champions will begin at 3:45 p.m. More about Homecoming: Homecoming website; schedule of events; preview story; queen candidates.
Several lots near the stadium are reserved for event parking; see the Tailgating Map for details. Free event parking with shuttle service is available in the University Boulevard Lot, Jones-Jaggers Lot, Creason Lot, Russellville Road West Lot, Adams Street Lot, Kentucky Street Lot and Alumni Square Garage. More: Parking changes/road closings; tailgating map; shuttle service map.
Fans with gameday questions can head to the “Stewart Richey Fan Experience Center,” located at the 50-yard line of the east concourse, to get all the answers to their in-stadium questions.
The WKU Ticket Office remains open Monday through Friday with normal operating hours, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., for fans looking to buy tickets. Fans can use the promo code “HOMECOMING” when purchasing tickets on WKUTickets.com for a $5 discount per ticket. For information, contact the WKU Ticket Office at 1-800-5-BIG RED or (270) 745-5222.
Ticket booths at the stadium will open at 2 p.m. Saturday. The Ticket Office at E.A. Diddle Arena will be open Saturday at 9 a.m. until sales shift to the stadium. Gates at the stadium will open 90 minutes prior to kickoff, and doors to the Jack and Jackie Harbaugh Club will open two hours prior to the game. Gates 1, 3, 5 and 6 are used for general public entry and sales, and Gate 4 is the student entrance with Gate 3 used for student guest entry. Also located at Gate 5 is W-Club will call and sales, general public will call, cheerleading and dance pass list, recruit pass list for sports other than football, football player and coach pass list.
Tailgating areas open at 8 a.m. Saturday and will close 30 minutes prior to the start of the game. Tailgating is allowed in all non-reserved parking lots and in designated grassy areas. Fans may utilize other grass and lawn areas throughout campus to picnic and for other non-tailgating activities. All areas will be closed 30 minutes prior to kickoff. Pop-up tents, grills and coolers are permissible, and loading and unloading zones are located throughout campus and available on a temporary basis for those wishing to unload items on the lawns where parking is not permitted. The grass on the South Lawn is available for picnicking this season, with fans able to utilize the grass on gameday as space allows. WKU Athletics reserves the right to close grass tailgating areas due to inclement weather. More: Tailgating map.
Opening Act at Augenstein Alumni Center
For the fourth-straight season, the WKU Alumni Association will host Opening Act on gamedays, sponsored by US Bank, at the Augenstein Alumni Center at 292 Alumni Ave. The building will be open to the public from 11 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Saturday. All alumni and fans are invited to tailgate on the lawn and enjoy the facility. Food and beverages are available for purchase at the Satterthwaite Atrium Bar located inside the Augenstein Alumni Center. For information, contact the WKU Alumni Association at (270) 745-4395 or email@example.com. Visit alumni.wku.edu for details.
Gameday Parking & Traffic
- Homecoming game parking lot and road closings
- Homecoming parking/transit information for WKU students
- Homecoming parking information for WKU faculty and staff
- Homecoming tailgating map
- Event parking: The College Heights Boulevard Lot and portions of South Lawn Lot will be reserved beginning at 4:30 p.m. Friday. Lots surrounding Diddle Arena (Diddle North, Diddle South, Diddle West), Smith Stadium (South Lawn Lot, Avenue of Champions, Smith West Lot), College Heights Boulevard Lot, and PS1 Floors 1-3 will be reserved for event parking beginning at 6 a.m. Saturday. All lots must be cleared by 7 a.m. Other lots reserved for event parking starting at 6 a.m. Saturday are Jones-Jaggers, Service Supply, Russellville Road Lots and a portion of Gated Regents Lot.
- Free Public Parking with Complementary Shuttle Service: Free event parking with shuttle service is available in the University Boulevard Lot (Lot A), Jones-Jaggers Lot (Lot B, Disability parking), Creason Lot (Lot C), Russellville Road West Lot (Lot D), Adams Street Lot (Lot E), Kentucky Street Lot (Lot F), and Alumni Square Garage (Lot G). Complementary shuttle service begins at 4 p.m. and runs continuously on three different routes. See Shuttle Routes Map. Service is suspended after kickoff and resumes at halftime until approximately 11 p.m. All buses are equipped to provide ADA service.
- Disability and RV Parking: Disability parking is available in the Jones-Jaggers Lot beginning at 8 a.m. Complementary shuttle service begins at 4 p.m. RV Parking will be provided in the Service Supply Lot on a first come, first served basis beginning at 6 p.m. Friday. Driving lanes must remain open at all times.
- Road Closings: Avenue of Champions will close at 2 p.m. Traffic will detour onto College Heights Boulevard. The downhill lane of College Heights Boulevard will close from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. Traffic will detour onto Colonnade Drive. Alumni Avenue will be closed in front of Augenstein Alumni Center from 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Use Kentucky Street to access the Alumni Avenue entrance to Alumni Square Garage.
- Traffic Control: WKU and Bowling Green Police will begin directing event traffic away from campus at the end of the Third Quarter.
For parking/traffic information, contact Parking & Transportation, (270) 745-2361
For gameday information, contact Kyle Neaves, (270) 745-3756