Beginning Oct. 10, Topper Transit Red Line expanding route to provide additional park and ride service for commuters, others
Beginning Monday (Oct. 10), free parking will be available in the downtown parking garage for the WKU community. Transportation to and from WKU’s main campus will be provided on WKU’s Topper Transit Red Line.
The downtown garage is located adjacent to the Hot Rods Stadium on Eighth Avenue. It provides free parking for patrons visiting downtown merchants. Beginning Oct. 10, it will also provide additional free park and ride options for WKU commuters. When using the downtown garage for park and ride service, avoid parking in spaces marked as reserved for businesses.
For the remainder of the Fall 2016 semester, WKU’s Topper Transit Red Line will expand its route to provide park and ride service from the downtown garage. The expanded route will also provide transportation between WKU’s main campus and downtown businesses.
Changes to the Red Line (view RED ROUTE LINE MAP) include adding new bus stops at:
- Eighth Avenue and Center Street (serving the downtown garage)
- State Street and Main Street (serving Fountain Square Park)
- State Street and 11th Avenue (an existing Gobg Transit stop)
- Center Street and 11th Avenue (serving GObg Transit Center)
- Removing the bus stop at 11th Avenue and College Street
The Topper Transit Red Line operates Monday through Friday during the Fall and Spring semesters with the following service frequencies:
- 8-minute frequency from 7:20 a.m to 2:40 p.m.
- 16-minute frequency from 2:40 p.m. to 5:52 p.m.
- 32-minute frequency from 5:52 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.