- Spring semester classes at all WKU campuses will begin on Tuesday (Jan. 26). Use discretion and caution when traveling. WKU Facilities crews have been working to clear parking lots and sidewalks. Students who feel that they cannot make it to campus should contact their instructors and let them know.
- For the latest updates, visit www.wku.edu, www.wku.edu/news or follow WKU News on Twitter @wkunews or Facebook at www.facebook.com/WKUNews
Parking and transit update
Approximately 10 percent of parking inventory on WKU’s Bowling Green campus remains off-line due to snow. Service changes in place for Tuesday (Jan. 26) include the following:
- Regular enforcement of all Faculty/Staff Parking Zones (FS1, FS2, FS3, GH, GR) resumes Tuesday (Jan. 26). Please park according to your permit zone. Allow extra time to reach your destination. Due to some parking being unavailable, you may need to park down into student lots.
- Please consider using the Campbell Lane and South Campus parking lots for park and ride service to campus.
- All student lots (H1– 5, C1) will be treated as “AP – All Permit” zones for Tuesday (Jan. 26). If you are parking out of zone, please move to your correct zone as quickly as possible. With the warm weather Monday, conditions are improving rapidly and PTS is expecting to return to full enforcement of student parking zones soon.
- The Russellville Road West Lot, next to Arby’s on Russellville Road, will remain open with Blue Line bus service this week.
- The top floors of Parking Structures 1 & 2 remain barricaded due to icy conditions. Please avoid these areas.
- Allow extra time to reach your destination. Traffic is usually heavy for the first few days of the semester.
- Full transit service resumes Tuesday (Jan. 26). All routes will be running their normal schedules. Expect minor delays due to the start of the semester.
- Due to decreases in available parking, the Blue Line will run from the Russellville Road West Lot Tuesday (Jan. 26) through Friday (Jan. 29), The service will run from 7:20 a.m. to 6 p.m. with 20-minute frequency.
For Parking and Transit Information