Here’s a reminder about WKU’s winter weather communications plan that provides a number of ways you can find out if classes are delayed, canceled or if a campus is closed.
Schedule changes will be announced through emergency text message, campuswide emails, on the WKU website and social media, and through a recorded phone message. Students, faculty and staff should keep safety in mind when making travel decisions and the university will work with students who can’t come to campus for weather-related reasons.
- Text messages: Students, faculty and staff who have signed up for WKU’s emergency text messages will receive a text message announcing changes. Students, faculty and staff can sign up for text messages through TopNet by clicking on personal information and checking View/Update Cell Phone Messaging Notification, or following the directions on the WKU Emergency Preparedness page at www.wku.edu/emergency.
- Online: Information will be posted on the WKU homepage, WKU News page, WKU Alert page, WKU Facebook page and @wkunews and @wku Twitter pages.
- Email: WKU students, faculty and staff also will receive email about any schedule changes.
- Phone: If you can’t get to a computer, the WKU Information line (270-936-0000) will have the latest information recorded.
- News media: In addition, WKU will notify WBKO-TV and WKYU-FM in Bowling Green. Other media outlets may post the information as well, but the fastest, most reliable information will come from WKU.
Campus transportation services
You can also monitor NextBus for changes in campus transportation services. To access NextBus:
- Call 270-392-3193 and enter the stop code. (The stop codes are listed on the signs at each bus stop.)
- Visit http://www.wku.edu/nextbus
- Download the NextBus or iWKU app on your smart phone.
- Follow WKU Parking & Transportation on Facebook or Twitter
Winter weather could impact events and activities on campus. Check with event organizers for the latest information. More: WKU social media directory.
Contact: Media Relations, (270) 745-4295