WKU (9-2, 7-0 C-USA) hosts Marshall (9-2, 6-1 C-USA) in a Black Friday showdown for the Conference USA East Division title at 11 a.m. Nov. 27 at Houchens Industries-L.T. Smith Stadium.
Friday’s game is a BLACK OUT as WKU fans are encouraged to wear black. Fans also are encouraged to arrive early for Senior Day festivities as WKU honors its seniors during a pregame ceremony. The first 2,500 fans in the stadium on Friday will receive a free pair of #BrohmSquad Boom Sticks. In addition, the winner of the Big Red Vette Raffle will be announced at halftime.
The winner of Friday’s game will play the West Division winner (Southern Miss or Louisiana Tech) in the C-USA championship game on Dec. 5. The Hilltoppers defeated the Thundering Herd 67-66 in overtime last year in Huntington, W.Va.
Tickets are available by contacting the WKU Ticket Office at 1-800-5-BIG RED or (270) 745-5222 or visiting the office in E.A. Diddle Arena. The ticket office will have holiday hours of operation, open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Wednesday and will be closed for Thanksgiving on Thursday. Ticket booths at the stadium will open at 8 a.m. Friday; the ticket office at E.A. Diddle Arena will also be open from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m. Friday. Tickets can be purchased 24 hours a day at WKUSports.com; tickets can be purchased for as little as $10 when using the promo code BLACKOUT when purchasing tickets online.
Friday’s game will be televised nationally by Fox Sports 1 with radio broadcast on the Hilltopper IMG Sports Network. You can also follow the game on the WKU Gameday App or on Twitter @WKUFootball. More: WKU game notes; Marshall game notes.
Tailgating for Friday’s game begins at 7 a.m. and will end at 10:30 a.m.; general tailgating areas will reopen after the game until dark. Fans can experience TopperWalk and cheer on the entire WKU Football team and Coach Brohm as they enter the stadium at 8:45 a.m. TopperWalk starts on Avenue of Champions in front of PS1 across from the Downing Student Union, where the team buses will drop off the players and coaches so they can walk by fans and along with the WKU Cheerleaders, Topperettes, Big Red Marching Band and Big Red into the stadium. More: Tailgating map
Gameday Parking & Traffic
Several parking lots will be reserved for event parking and road closures will occur before game time. (More: Gameday parking map)
- Portions of Diddle West will be reserved for media parking beginning Thursday evening.
- Portions of South Lawn Lot will be reserved beginning at 4:30 p.m. Thursday.
- Lots surrounding Diddle Arena (Diddle North, Diddle South, Diddle West), South Lawn Lot, Avenue of Champions, Russellville Road Lot, Gated Regents, College Heights Boulevard Lot, PS2 and floors 1-3 of PS1 will be reserved for event parking. Lots must be cleared by 7 a.m. Friday; all vehicles must be moved from Avenue of Champions on-street parking by 7 a.m.
- For pedestrian safety, Avenue of Champions will close at 7 a.m.; non-event traffic will detour onto College Heights Boulevard. College Heights Boulevard will close at 8:30 a.m. at Colonnade Drive; all traffic will detour onto Hilltop Drive. More: Reserved lots and road closings.
- Public parking will be available in the Alumni Square Garage for $5/vehicle.
- Free parking will be available in the a portion of Creason Lot, University Boulevard Lot, Chestnut Street South Lot, Mimosa Lot, Chestnut Street North Lot, Gated Hilltop, Helm Lot, Cherry Lot, Honors Lot, College Hill Lot, HUB Lot, Potter Lot, and Kentucky Street Lot. Please carpool.
- Disability parking is provided in the Jones-Jaggers Lot. Shuttle service begins at 9 a.m.
- RV Parking will be provided in the Service Supply Lot on a first-come, first-served basis beginning at 6 p.m. Thursday. Driving lanes must remain open at all times.
- Complimentary shuttle service will be offered from the University Boulevard Lot and Russellville Road West Lot every 20 minutes starting at 6 a.m.; from Jones-Jaggers Lot and Creason Lot every 20 minutes starting at 9 a.m.; from Adams Street Lot and Alumni Square Garage every 10 minutes starting at 9 a.m. All shuttle service will end at approximately 4 p.m.
- HAF members are encouraged to display their parking permit prior to arrival to expedite the parking process.
- Police will control post-game traffic at the beginning of the third quarter. Access to campus may be restricted while event traffic is leaving campus.
Opening Act at Augenstein Alumni Center
The WKU Alumni Association will host Opening Act, sponsored by US Bank, at the Augenstein Alumni Center at 292 Alumni Ave. The building will be open from 8:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. Friday. All alumni and fans are invited to tailgate on the lawn and enjoy the facility.
WKU Conferencing and Catering will be grilling at Rally Alley with tailgate food and beverages available for purchase at the Satterthwaite Atrium Bar located inside the Augenstein Alumni Center. Tailgating is encouraged around the Augenstein Alumni Center, and pop-up tents are allowed in the green space around the building.
Contact: Athletic Media Relations, (270) 745-4298; or WKU Parking & Transportation, (270) 745-2361