Karen Powell of Louisville was crowned 2015 Homecoming queen at WKU during halftime of Saturday’s game against FAU.
Powell, the daughter of Tom and KJ Powell, is a Corporate and Organizational Communication/Sales major and was sponsored by Kappa Delta, Alpha Tau Omega, Lambda Chi Alpha and Zeta Phi Beta.
Lizzie Brand of Bowling Green was first runner-up. Brand, the daughter of Marcus and Nancy Brand, is a Nutrition/Dietetics major and was sponsored by Alpha Delta Pi, Sigma Chi and Phi Beta Sigma.
Olivia Charles of Lexington was second runner-up. Charles, the daughter of Randy and Margo Charles, is an Elementary Education major and was sponsored by Chi Omega, Phi Delta Theta and Alpha Kappa Alpha.
Other finalists selected from among 25 candidates were:
- Haley Doose of Bowling Green, the daughter of Sherri Doose. She is a Biology/Chemistry major and was sponsored by Alpha Omicron Pi, FIJI and Sigma Gamma Rho.
- Dana Ebb of Franklin, Tennessee, the daughter of Dan Ebb and Jane McClure. She is a Chemistry/Religious Studies major and was sponsored by Omega Phi Alpha, Sigma Alpha Epsilon and Sigma Alpha.
- Mallory Fulkerson of Crestwood, the daughter of David and Tamara Fulkerson. She is an Elementary Education major and was sponsored by Sigma Kappa, Kappa Alpha Order, Alpha Gamma Rho and Kappa Alpha Psi.
- Hayley Hoback of Louisville, the daughter of Jill Hoback. She is a Public Relations major and was sponsored by Delta Zeta, Sigma Nu and Delta Sigma Theta.
- Katie Lee of Louisville, the daughter of Steve and Laura Lee. She is a Recreation Administration major and was sponsored by Alpha Xi Delta, Pi Kappa Alpha and Iota Phi Theta.
- Shifa Maryyam of Sargodha, Pakistan, the daughter of Sajida Shahawaz and Naweed Aslam. She is a Life Sciences major and was sponsored by Pakistani Student Association.
- Coumba Sow of Nashville, Tennessee, the daughter of Khadidiaton and Gora Sow. She is a Fashion Merchandising/Interior Design major and was sponsored by Black Student Alliance.
Contact: Mindy Johnson, (270) 745-2459