WKU honored 28 students from high schools in the Lexington area for their academic achievements.
This year’s group of students invited to the luncheon has an average ACT composite score of 29 and grade-point average of 3.86 and included six Kentucky Governor’s Scholars and three National Merit Semifinalists.
The following students were recognized Nov. 5 at the Hyatt Regency during the Lexington Area Scholars Luncheon:
- Bryan Station High School: Elyse Blakeman, Elena Castro, Ella Hermuth, Samuel Myers, Eli Schaub, Cameron Skubik-Peplaski, Lily Wright
- Henry Clay High School: Danah Amawi, Kayla Beebout, Christopher Hunt
- Lafayette High School: Ashton Brown, Margaret Chaplin, Akshaykumar Kalose, Elise Maul
- Lexington Catholic High School: Lauren Heister
- Lexington Christian Academy: Lauren Fugmann
- Paul Laurence Dunbar High School: Jordan Brown, Jakaja Kennedy, Jessika Mitchell, Camden Reed, Connor Roberts
- Scott County High School: Abby Preston
- Tates Creek High School: Corrine Thomas, Shaytara Wilson
- Trinity Christian Academy: Peter Briggs, Rachel Cannon, Joel Ewing, Isaac Rowe
Upcoming Scholars Luncheons
The luncheon was the sixth of eight recognition events WKU will conduct this fall. Here’s the list of other upcoming events:
- Nov. 10: Owensboro Area Scholars Luncheon at 11:30 a.m. at Owensboro Convention Center, 501 W. Second St., Owensboro.
- Nov. 12: Louisville Area Scholars Luncheon at 11:30 a.m. (Eastern time) at The Frazier History Museum, 829 W. Main St., Louisville.
Contact: Campus and Community Events, (270) 745-2497