Homecoming concert parking on Nov. 5
WKU welcomes Hunter Hayes with special guest Kelsea Ballerini for the Homecoming Concert on Thursday (Nov. 5) in Diddle Arena. A portion of the North Diddle parking lot will be reserved for support vehicles beginning Wednesday (Nov. 4).
The concert begins at 7:30 p.m. and the doors will open at 6:30 p.m. Public parking will be available in Parking Structures 1 and 2. Use caution when entering or exiting the lots surrounding Diddle Arena.
Homecoming parade street/parking lot closings on Nov. 6
The Homecoming Parade will be held Friday (Nov. 6) from 4:30 p.m. until approximately 6 p.m. Note the changes to traffic patterns and street closings to create a safe parade route. The parade begins on College Heights Boulevard near Parking Structure 1, goes up College Heights Boulevard, turns left onto State Street, and ends at Fountain Square Park in downtown Bowling Green. More: Map of the parade route and road closings.
Road closings during staging for the parade (3 p.m.-4:30 p.m.)
- Avenue of Champions will be closed to through traffic beginning at 3 p.m. until the completion of the parade at approximately 6 p.m.
- College Heights Boulevard will be closed from Colonnade Drive to University Boulevard.
- Parade entries will be arriving on University Boulevard from Nashville Road and Russellville Road. Expect delays along University Boulevard from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Road closings during the parade (4:30 p.m.-6 p.m)
- All of College Heights Boulevard will be closed. Traffic will not be allowed to enter College Heights Boulevard from College Street or State Street. Only emergency vehicles will be allowed to travel Avenue of Champions and College Heights Boulevard.
- Hilltop Drive and Colonnade Drive will not be accessible during the parade. Traffic exiting Colonnade Drive will be required to turn right onto State Street.
- State Street will be closed from College Heights Boulevard to Fountain Square Park in downtown Bowling Green.
Parking lots affected by parade
- Vehicles parked in PS1, Diddle North, Diddle South, South Lawn or Poland Lot will not be able to exit onto Avenue of Champions from 3 p.m. until the completion of the parade.
- Vehicles parked in PS1 will be able to exit onto College Heights Boulevard and turn left onto University Boulevard.
- Vehicles parked in Wetherby Lot, Schneider Lot, Honors Lot and the HUB Lot will not be allowed to exit onto College Heights Boulevard during the parade.
- Vehicles parked in the College Hill Lot must use the College Street exit during the parade.
Transit changes for parade
- With Avenue of Champions, College Heights Boulevard and State Street closing at 3 p.m. Friday for the parade, bus stops will be closed and bus routes will be detoured. More: Transit change details; transit detour map.
Hilltopper Basketball game parking Nov. 6
The Hilltoppers will play Kentucky Wesleyan in an exhibition game at Diddle Arena at 7 p.m. Friday (Nov. 6). (More: Men’s basketball parking map.)
- Reserved parking: All parking lots surrounding Diddle Arena and South Lawn Lot; Level 3 of Parking Structure 1; all of Parking Structure. All reserved parking lots close four hours prior to tip-off.
- Paid public parking will be available in PS1 for selected men’s games.
- Free public parking is available in various campus lots. (For details, view men’s basketball parking map.)
- Shuttle service will be available from the Alumni Square Garage beginning 2 hours before tip off until 1 hour after the game.
Homecoming Day parking and traffic changes for Nov. 7
Several parking lots will be reserved for event parking and road closures will occur before game time. (More: Gameday parking map)
- Portions of Diddle West will be reserved for media parking beginning Thursday evening.
- Portions of South Lawn Lot will be reserved beginning at 4:30 p.m. Friday.
- Lots surrounding Diddle Arena (Diddle North, Diddle South, Diddle West), South Lawn Lot, Avenue of Champions, Russellville Road Lot, Gated Regents, College Heights Boulevard Lot, PS2 and floors 1-3 of PS1 will be reserved for event parking. Lots must be cleared by 7 a.m. Saturday; all vehicles must be moved from Avenue of Champions on-street parking by 7 a.m. More: Student parking and WKU transit services on Saturday.
- For pedestrian safety, Avenue of Champions will close at 7 a.m.; non-event traffic will detour onto College Heights Boulevard. College Heights Boulevard will close at 8:30 a.m. at Colonnade Drive; all traffic will detour onto Hilltop Drive. More: Reserved lots and road closings.
- Public parking will be available in the Alumni Square Garage for $5/vehicle.
- Free parking will be available in the a portion of Creason Lot, University Boulevard Lot, Chestnut Street South Lot, Mimosa Lot, Chestnut Street North Lot, Gated Hilltop, Helm Lot, Cherry Lot, Honors Lot, College Hill Lot, HUB Lot, Potter Lot, and Kentucky Street Lot. Please carpool.
- Disability parking is provided in the Jones-Jaggers Lot. Shuttle service begins at 9 a.m.
- RV Parking will be provided in the Service Supply Lot on a first-come, first-served basis beginning at 6 p.m. Friday. Driving lanes must remain open at all times.
- Complimentary shuttle service will be offered from the University Boulevard Lot and Russellville Road West Lot every 20 minutes starting at 6 a.m.; from Jones-Jaggers Lot and Creason Lot every 20 minutes starting at 9 a.m.; from Adams Street Lot and Alumni Square Garage every 10 minutes starting at 9 a.m.. All shuttle service will end at approximately 4 p.m.
- Police will control post-game traffic at the beginning of the third quarter. Access to campus may be restricted while event traffic is leaving campus.
- For more information about event parking, gameday parking and traffic maps, visit WKUSports.com or www.wku.edu/transportation.
Contact: Parking and Transportation Services, (270) 745-2361 or email@example.com