WKU honored 79 students from six high schools in the Elizabethtown area for their academic achievements.
This year’s group has an average ACT composite score of 29 and grade-point average of 3.90 and included 29 Kentucky Governor’s Scholars and one National Merit Semifinalist.
The following students were honored Oct. 15 at Hardin County Schools Early College and Career Center during the Elizabethtown Area Scholars Luncheon, sponsored by Fort Knox Federal Credit Union:
- Central Hardin High School: Chase Barnes, Jessica Bates, Rebecca Beauchamp, Jeffrey Aaron Bell, Deron Alexander Bibb, Matthew Brewer, Alexis Brimhall, Bryan Butora, Shelbi Clark, Joseph Crocker, Quortesa Cross, Justin Davis, Joseph Feliciano, Grace Flanagan, Jacob Fitzsimmons, McKinley Grenier, Grace Hall, Anna Hodges, Garrett Kasey, Betta Kim, Brittany Lowe, Dylan Mann, Wyatt Mann, Mark McLean, William Dillon Miller, Rebekah Mobley, Patrick Nichols, Brandt Pawley, Chloe Sheeran, Katrina Stark, Kayla Thurman, Kloe Timbers, Latoya Walker, Benjamin West, Clara Wilson, Sydney Wilson, Amber Zaehringer, Mary Zeitler
- Elizabethtown High School: Rebecca Black, John Booker, Michaela Brangers, Shelby Eriksen, Riley Jones, Frida Montalvo, Bailey Nall, Rachel Pait, Madeline Rich, Christopher Wheatley
- John Hardin High School: Jessica Crittenden, Taylor Doughty, Tatum Feller, Blair Hall, Alyssa Hutchinson, Abigail Swartz
- LaRue County High School: Andrew Coy, Matthew Crain, Leslie Pike, Chloe Owen, Autumn Roten, Audrey Schaefer, Nichole Thomas, Matthew Warren, Shayne Wathen, Randy Young
- North Hardin Christian School: Pierce Zirnheld
- North Hardin High School: Tiffany Belcher, Molly Emdee, Austin Guevarra, Samantha Heighter, Chris Heinrich, Zechariah Hockenbary, Allison Hohenstein, Breana Kenworthy, Tanisha McGaw, D’Andrey Miller, Erykah Ochoa, Tyler Price, Karlie Richardson, MacLaren Williams
Upcoming Scholars Luncheons
The Elizabethtown Area Scholars Luncheon was the second of eight recognition events WKU will conduct this fall. Here’s the list of other events:
- Oct. 20: Bowling Green/Warren County Scholars Luncheon at 11:30 a.m. at WKU’s Augenstein Alumni Center, 292 Alumni Ave., Bowling Green. Sponsored by Franklin Bank & Trust Company.
- Oct. 28: Glasgow Area Scholars Luncheon at 11:30 a.m. at T.J. Health Pavilion Community Center, 310 N. L. Rogers Wells Blvd., Glasgow. Sponsored by South Central Bank.
- Oct. 29: Northern Kentucky Area Scholars Luncheon at 11:30 a.m. (Eastern time) at Receptions, 1379 Donaldson Highway, Erlanger.
- Nov. 5: Lexington Area Scholars Luncheon at 11:30 a.m. (Eastern time) at Hyatt Regency, 401 W. High St., Lexington.
- Nov. 10: Owensboro Area Scholars Luncheon at 11:30 a.m. at Owensboro Convention Center, 501 W. Second St., Owensboro.
- Nov. 12: Louisville Area Scholars Luncheon at 11:30 a.m. (Eastern time) at The Frazier History Museum, 829 W. Main St., Louisville.
Contact: Campus and Community Events, (270) 745-2497