WKU honored 41 students from six high schools in five southcentral Kentucky counties for their academic achievements.
This year’s group has an average ACT composite score of 28 and grade-point average of 3.88 and included 16 Kentucky Governor’s Scholars and one National Merit Semifinalist.
The following students from Allen, Butler, Edmonson, Logan and Simpson counties were honored Oct. 13 at WKU’s Augenstein Alumni Center during the Five County Scholars Luncheon, sponsored by Franklin Bank & Trust Company:
- Allen County-Scottsville High School: Isaiah Burciaga, Cullen Carver, Preston Clark, Cameron Cook, Mckenzie Grissom, Daniel Monterrosas, Madeline Payne, Austen Riffe, Carly Wheat, Ginny Willoughby
- Butler County High School: Isaiah Arnold, Naomi Cade, Jarred Corona, Kimberlea Ferrell, Emma Robbins, Madison Wells
- Edmonson County High School: Emily Davidson, Rylan Moore, Jackson Sasse
- Franklin-Simpson High School: Mary Joiner, Dayton Newland, Tyler Patty, Lillian Robertson, Jazmine Sevilla
- Logan County High School: Paul Addison, Rachel Barnett, Brittany Carter, Caleb Cassady, Kenneth Cornist, Jessica Dukes, Elizabeth Hughes, Hunter Johnson, Taleia Mason, Grace McLellan, Sierra Morrow, Kellie Warden, Austin Yewell
- Russellville High School: Mia Bethea, Saleah Elliot, James Nichols, Chandara Vanna
Upcoming Scholars Luncheons
The Five County Scholars Luncheon was the first of eight recognition events WKU will conduct this fall. Here’s the list of other events:
- Oct. 15: Elizabethtown Area Scholars Luncheon at 11:30 a.m. (Eastern time) at Hardin County Schools Early College and Career Center, 200 University Drive, Elizabethtown. Sponsored by Fort Knox Federal Credit Union.
- Oct. 20: Bowling Green/Warren County Scholars Luncheon at 11:30 a.m. at WKU’s Augenstein Alumni Center, 292 Alumni Ave., Bowling Green. Sponsored by Franklin Bank & Trust Company.
- Oct. 28: Glasgow Area Scholars Luncheon at 11:30 a.m. at T.J. Health Pavilion Community Center, 310 N. L. Rogers Wells Blvd., Glasgow. Sponsored by South Central Bank.
- Oct. 29: Northern Kentucky Area Scholars Luncheon at 11:30 a.m. (Eastern time) at Receptions, 1379 Donaldson Highway, Erlanger.
- Nov. 5: Lexington Area Scholars Luncheon at 11:30 a.m. (Eastern time) at Hyatt Regency, 401 W. High St., Lexington.
- Nov. 10: Owensboro Area Scholars Luncheon at 11:30 a.m. at Owensboro Convention Center, 501 W. Second St., Owensboro.
- Nov. 12: Louisville Area Scholars Luncheon at 11:30 a.m. (Eastern time) at The Frazier History Museum, 829 W. Main St., Louisville.
Contact: Campus and Community Events, (270) 745-2497