All fans are encouraged to wear red to the game, and the first 1,000 fans into the stadium on Saturday will receive a red #BrohmSquad T-shirt. (Read more about gameday plans from WKUSports.com)
Tickets are available through the WKU Ticket Office and can be purchased for as little as $25 per seat. Tickets for kids ages 3-12 are $15 per seat.
Ticket booths at the stadium will open at 8 a.m. Saturday. The ticket office at E.A. Diddle Arena will also be open from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m. For tickets, contact the WKU Ticket Office at 1-800-5-BIG RED or (270) 745-5222 or visit the office in E.A. Diddle Arena. Tickets can be purchased 24 hours a day at WKUSports.com.
Saturday’s game will be televised nationally on 17 Fox Sports Regional Networks and Affiliates. In the Kentucky market, the game will air on Fox Sports South, Fox Sports Southeast and Fox Sports Ohio networks. The game will also air live on these regional affiliates: Fox Sports Arizona, Detroit, Florida, Midwest, North, Oklahoma, Southwest, West and Wisconsin. Additionally, MASN, MSG Plus, and three regional networks of Root Sports (Northwest, Pittsburgh and Rocky Mountain) will carry the game. The WKU radio broadcast will be available on the Hilltopper IMG Sports Network. You can also follow the game on the WKU Gameday App or on Twitter @WKUFootball.
1975 Hilltopper Football Reunion
Members of the 1975 Hilltopper Football Team will be celebrating their 40th anniversary and will be recognized at halftime. The 1975 Toppers finished 11-2 and were OVC Co-Champions, NCAA D-II playoff national runner-up and Grantland Rice Bowl Champs.
Budweiser Clydesdales to Visit WKU
The Budweiser Clydesdales will parade down Avenue of Champions at 10 a.m. Saturday and stay outside Downing Student Union for 30 to 45 minutes before the game.
Tailgating Areas Open Pregame & Postgame
Tailgating for Saturday’s game begins at 7 a.m.; general tailgating areas will remain open after the game until dark.
Tailgating is allowed in all non-reserved parking lots and in designated grassy areas. Fans may utilize other grass and lawn areas throughout campus to picnic and for other non-tailgating activities. All areas will be closed 30 minutes prior to kickoff. Pop-up tents, grills and coolers are permissible, and loading and unloading zones are located throughout campus and available on a temporary basis for those wishing to unload items on the lawns where parking is not permitted. More: Tailgating map
The grass on the South Lawn is available for picnicking this season, with fans able to utilize the grass on gameday as space allows. WKU Athletics reserves the right to close grass tailgating areas due to inclement weather.
Gameday Parking & Traffic
- Portions of Diddle West will be reserved for media parking beginning Thursday evening.
- Portions of South Lawn Lot will be reserved beginning at 4:30 p.m. Friday.
- Lots surrounding Diddle Arena (Diddle North, Diddle South, Diddle West), South Lawn Lot, Avenue of Champions, Russellville Road Lot, Gated Hilltop, College Heights Boulevard Lot, PS2 and floors 1-3 of PS1 will be reserved for event parking. Lots must be cleared by 7 a.m. Saturday; all vehicles must be moved from Avenue of Champions on-street parking by 7 a.m. More: Student parking and WKU transit services on Saturday.
- For pedestrian safety, Avenue of Champions will close at 7 a.m.; non-event traffic will detour onto College Heights Boulevard. College Heights Boulevard will close to downhill traffic at 8:30 a.m. at Colonnade Drive; all traffic will detour onto Hilltop Drive. At 9 a.m. College Heights Boulevard will close to downhill traffic at Hilltop Drive and to uphill traffic at Colonnade Drive; this section will reopen at approximately 10:15 a.m. More: Reserved lots and road closings.
- Public parking will be available in the Alumni Square Garage for $5/vehicle.
- Free parking will be available in the a portion of Creason Lot, University Boulevard Lot, Chestnut Street South Lot, Mimosa Lot, Chestnut Street North Lot, Gated Hilltop, Helm Lot, Cherry Lot, Honors Lot, College Hill Lot, HUB Lot, Potter Lot, and Kentucky Street Lot.
- Disability parking is provided in the Jones-Jaggers Lot. Shuttle service begins at 9 a.m.
- RV Parking will be provided in the Service Supply Lot on a first-come, first-served basis beginning at 6 p.m. Friday. Driving lanes must remain open at all times.
- Complimentary shuttle service will be offered from the University Boulevard Lot, Russellville Road West Lot, Jones-Jaggers Lot, Creason Lot, Adams Street Lot and Alumni Square Garage beginning at 9 a.m. and will run until approximately 4 p.m. depending on lot location.
- HAF members are encouraged to display their parking permit prior to arrival to expedite the parking process.
- Police will control post-game traffic at the beginning of the third quarter. Access to campus may be restricted while event traffic is leaving campus.
More: For information about event parking, gameday parking and traffic maps, visit WKUSports.com or www.wku.edu/transportation. For season parking permit information, contact the HAF at (270) 745-5321 or visit supporthaf.org.
Opening Act at Augenstein Alumni Center
The WKU Alumni Association will host Opening Act on gamedays, sponsored by US Bank, at the Augenstein Alumni Center at 292 Alumni Ave. The building will be open to the public two-and-a-half hours prior to kickoff (8:30 a.m. on Saturday) and will close 30 minutes before kickoff. All alumni and fans are invited to tailgate on the lawn and enjoy the facility.
WKU Conferencing and Catering will be grilling at Rally Alley with tailgate food and beverages available for purchase at the Satterthwaite Atrium Bar located inside the Augenstein Alumni Center. Tailgating is encouraged around the Augenstein Alumni Center, and pop-up tents are allowed in the green space around the building.
Returning to The Hill this fall is “TopperTown,” a kids play area featuring inflatables, balloon artistry, face painting and games for kids of all ages. TopperTown opens three hours prior to kickoff and is free for the entire family, and it is located in front of PS2 on the campus side, directly across Avenue of Champions from the Downing Student Union.
Fans can experience TopperWalk and cheer on the entire WKU Football team and Coach Brohm as they enter the stadium at 8:45 a.m. Saturday. TopperWalk starts on Avenue of Champions in front of PS1 across from the Downing Student Union, where the team buses will drop off the players and coaches so they can walk by fans and along with the WKU Cheerleaders, Topperettes, Big Red Marching Band and Big Red into the stadium.
Contact: Michael Schroeder, (270) 745-5045; or WKU Parking & Transportation, (270) 745-2361