Oct. 1 marked the beginning of Domestic Violence Awareness Month. It’s an epidemic that affects one in three women and one in four men. There’s a simple way you can help with the issue. Amy Bingham explains what it is in this week’s View from the Hill.
Domestic Violence Awareness Month events
HOPELine from Verizon: Cell phone donations through end of business on Oct. 16. Turn in your no-longer-used wireless devices and accessories into support for domestic violence organizations. Drop-off locations:
- Gender & Women’s Studies Center, 1532 State St.. WKU Campus
- Counseling and Testing Center, Potter Hall room 409, WKU campus
- Institute for Citizenship and Social Justice, Tate Page Hall room 110, WKU campus
- Alice Rowe Learning Assistance Center, C234, WKU South Campus
- Recreation Administration, Diddle Arena Second Floor, WKU Campus
WKU’s Lip Sync Battle: Preliminary rounds Oct. 14 and Oct. 21 with finals Oct. 28 at Mass Media and Technology Hall Auditorium at 7 p.m.
Candlelight Vigil: 5:30 p.m. Oct . 15 at the Warren County Justice Center.
Proclamation Signing: 2 p.m. Oct. 19 at Downing Student Union.
“1-4” Display: Oct. 19 at Downing Student Union lobby.
Contact: Elizabeth Madariaga, (270) 745-3159.