All fans are encouraged to wear white to the game, and the first 10,000 fans into the stadium on Saturday will receive a Live United White Out T-shirt. More: Gameday plans from WKUSports.com; WKU Parking & Transportation gameday information
Saturday’s game will be televised nationally by CBS Sports Network with the radio broadcast on the Hilltopper IMG Sports Network. You can also follow the game on the WKU Gameday App or on Twitter @WKUFootball. More: WKU game notes; Miami game notes.
WKU welcomes students, families
- The Parent & Family Weekend activities will feature a welcome presentation, mock classroom/student presentations, residence hall receptions and the President’s Festival on the Green. The 2015 WKU Family of the Year will be recognized at halftime of the WKU football game. The Parent & Family Weekend schedule is available online at http://www.wku.edu/pfw/. Attention WKU students: Upload a photo/video on Instagram or Twitter using the hashtag
#BigRedThanks and it could be featured during Parent & Family Weekend.
- Head for the Hill, an open house event for prospective students and their families, will begin at 8 a.m. at Diddle Arena. The event will include sessions to connect students to the campus community, current students, faculty and staff; campus tours; and an academic expo to learn more about potential majors and how to get involved on campus.
Tickets are available through the WKU Ticket Office and can be purchased for as little as $25 per seat. Tickets for kids ages 3-12 are $15 per seat. Ticket booths at the stadium will open at 10:30 a.m. Saturday. The Ticket Office at E.A. Diddle Arena will be open from 9 a.m. to noon.
Gates at the stadium will open 90 minutes prior to kickoff, and doors to the Jack and Jackie Harbaugh Club will open two hours prior to the game. Gates 1, 3, 5 and 6 are used for general public entry and sales, and Gate 4 is the student entrance with Gate 3 used for student guest entry. Also located at Gate 5 is W-Club will call and sales, general public will call, cheerleading and dance pass list, recruit pass list for sports other than football, football player and coach pass list and the visiting team pass list.
For tickets, contact the WKU Ticket Office at 1-800-5-BIG RED or (270) 745-5222 or visit the ticket office. Tickets can be purchased 24 hours a day at WKUSports.com.
Gameday Parking & Traffic
Several parking lots will be reserved for event parking and road closures will occur before game time.
- Portions of Diddle West will be reserved for media parking beginning Thursday evening.
- Portions of South Lawn Lot will be reserved beginning at 4:30 p.m. Friday.
- Lots surrounding Diddle Arena (Diddle North, Diddle South, Diddle West), South Lawn Lot, Avenue of Champions, College Heights Boulevard Lot, and floors 1-3 of PS1 will be reserved for event parking. Vehicles will not be allowed to park after 6 a.m. Saturday and the lots must be cleared by 7 a.m. More: Student parking and WKU transit services on Saturday.
- For pedestrian safety, Avenue of Champions will close at 10:30 a.m.; non-event traffic will detour onto College Heights Boulevard. College Heights Boulevard will close to downhill traffic at 10:30 a.m.; all traffic will detour onto Colonnade Drive. Once Avenue of Champions closes to through-traffic for gameday, all parking access for Lot 3, Lot 4, South Lawn and Avenue of Champions is accessed via University Boulevard from College Heights Boulevard. More: Reserved lots and road closings.
- Public parking will be available in the Alumni Square Garage for $5/vehicle.
- PS1, located on the north side of Diddle Arena, remains admissible on gameday free of charge. Level 3 of the structure is reserved parking for Hilltopper Athletic Foundation (HAF) members.
- Free parking also will be available in Creason Lot, University Boulevard Lot and Chestnut Street South Lot.
- Disability parking is provided in the Jones-Jaggers Lot. Shuttle service begins at 12:30 p.m.
- RV Parking will be provided in the Service Supply Lot on a first-come, first-served basis beginning at 6 p.m. Friday. Driving lanes must remain open at all times.
- Complimentary shuttle service will be provided from University Boulevard Lot every 20 minutes starting at 11:30 a.m.; Jones-Jaggers and Creason Lot every 20 minutes starting at 12:30 p.m. and ending at approximately 6:30 p.m.; Adams Street Lot and Alumni Square Garage every 10 minutes starting at 12:30 p.m.; shuttle service for University Boulevard, Adams Street Lot and Alumni Square Garage will end at approximately 7:30 p.m.
- HAF members are encouraged to display their parking permit prior to arrival to expedite the parking process.
- Police will control post-game traffic at the beginning of the third quarter. Access to campus may be restricted while event traffic is leaving campus.
More: For information about event parking and traffic maps, visit WKUSports.com or www.wku.edu/transportation. For season parking permit information, contact the HAF at (270) 745-5321 or visit supporthaf.org.
Tailgating and Picnicking
Tailgating for Saturday’s game begins at 8 a.m.
Tailgating is allowed in all non-reserved parking lots and in designated grassy areas. Fans may utilize other grass and lawn areas throughout campus to picnic and for other non-tailgating activities. All areas will be closed 30 minutes prior to kickoff. Pop-up tents, grills and coolers are permissible, and loading and unloading zones are located throughout campus and available on a temporary basis for those wishing to unload items on the lawns where parking is not permitted. More: Tailgating map
The grass on the South Lawn is available for picnicking this season, with fans able to utilize the grass on gameday as space allows. WKU Athletics reserves the right to close grass tailgating areas due to inclement weather.
Opening Act at Augenstein Alumni Center
For the third-straight season, the WKU Alumni Association will host Opening Act on gamedays, sponsored by US Bank, at the Augenstein Alumni Center at 292 Alumni Ave. The building will be open to the public two-and-a-half hours prior to kickoff (noon on Saturday) and will close 30 minutes before kickoff. All alumni and fans are invited to tailgate on the lawn and enjoy the facility.
WKU Conferencing and Catering will be grilling at Rally Alley with tailgate food and beverages available for purchase at the Satterthwaite Atrium Bar located inside the Augenstein Alumni Center. Tailgating is encouraged around the Augenstein Alumni Center, and pop-up tents are allowed in the green space around the building.
Returning to The Hill this fall is “TopperTown,” a kids play area featuring inflatables, balloon artistry, face painting and games for kids of all ages. TopperTown opens three hours prior to kickoff and is free for the entire family, and it is located in front of PS2 on the campus side, directly across Avenue of Champions from the Downing Student Union.
Fans can experience TopperWalk and cheer on the entire WKU Football team and Coach Brohm as they enter the stadium two hours prior to kickoff. TopperWalk starts on Avenue of Champions in front of PS1 across from the Downing Student Union, where the team buses will drop off the players and coaches so they can walk by fans and along with the WKU Cheerleaders, Topperettes, Big Red Marching Band and Big Red into the stadium.
Contact: Michael Schroeder, (270) 745-5045; or WKU Parking & Transportation, (270) 745-2361