WKU will host events for current and prospective students and their families on Sept. 26.
The Parent & Family Weekend activities will feature a welcome presentation, mock classroom/student presentations, residence hall receptions, the President’s Festival on the Green and the WKU vs. Miami of Ohio football game. The 2015 WKU Family of the Year will be recognized at halftime of the football game. The Parent & Family Weekend schedule is available online at http://www.wku.edu/pfw/.
Head for the Hill, an open house event for prospective students and their families, will begin at 8 a.m. at Diddle Arena. The event will include sessions to connect students to the campus community, current students, faculty and staff; campus tours; and an academic expo to learn more about potential majors and how to get involved on campus. Register online at http://www.wku.edu/headforthehill/september.php
Other Sept. 25-27 weekend events
The Sept. 25-27 weekend includes several other WKU events:
- The Symphony at WKU will present It’s Time for a Show: Broadway Today at 7:30 p.m. Sept. 25 at Van Meter Hall. Tickets are $22 and are available online at wku.showare.com.
- Exhibits at the Kentucky Museum include Instruments of American Excellence, Conscience of the Human Spirit: The Life of Nelson Mandela and Reminders of South Africa: The Nancy Baird Collection. Museum hours are 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Sept. 25-26 and 1 p.m.-4 p.m. Sept. 27. For information, visit http://www.wku.edu/kentuckymuseum/visit.php
- WKU’s Department of Theatre and Dance will present Our Town, its first Mainstage production of the 2015-16 season, at 8 p.m. Sept. 25-26 and 3 p.m. Sept. 27 at the Ivan Wilson Fine Arts Center’s Russell Miller Theatre. Tickets are $15; $12 for students/senior citizens; and are available online at wku.showare.com.
- The WKU Soccer team will host Rice at 6 p.m. Sept. 25 and Louisiana Tech at 1 p.m. Sept. 27 at the WKU Soccer Complex.
- The WKU Volleyball team will host Louisiana Tech at 7 p.m. Sept. 25 and Florida International at noon Sept. 27 at Diddle Arena.
- The WKU Department of Music will host Cello Day at 9 a.m. Sept. 26 and a recital, The Music of Matthew Herman, at 3 p.m. Sept. 27; both at the Ivan Wilson Fine Arts Center Recital Hall.
- The WKU Department of Folk Studies and Anthropology will host an open house from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Sept. 26 at the Gardner House and Kiln on the WKU Green River Preserve in Hart County.
- The WKU Football team will host Miami of Ohio at 2:30 p.m. Sept. 26 at Houchens Industries-L.T. Smith Stadium.
Contact: Public Affairs, (270) 745-4295