Yearly total second-highest in WKU history; record $9.6 million raised for scholarships; combined endowment at $143.7 million
WKU announced Friday (Aug. 21) that it raised $18.3 million in private gifts during fiscal year 2014-15 — the second-highest total in the University’s history.
Kathryn Costello, Special Advisor to the President, said this was an outstanding year for the Division of Development and Alumni Relations.
“This kind of success comes because of dedicated staff, devoted alumni and friends, and a university that is worthy of support,” Costello said. “Since President Gary Ransdell was appointed nearly 18 years ago, WKU has been on a positive trajectory. I believe we will continue to see strong philanthropic support because the return on investment is obvious across the campus.”
Points of interest for the 2014-2015 year include:
- Second-largest year for total gifts, second only to $18.9 million raised in 2010
- WKU’s combined endowment reached an all-time high of $143.7 million
- Record year for gifts toward student scholarships, with $9.6 million raised — up 50 percent over last year
- A total of $6.3 million in new gifts were made to WKU’s endowment — a 27 percent increase over last year
- As of June 30, WKU’s deferred gift inventory of future estate gifts totaled nearly $100 million
- The Annual Fund raised more than $7.3 million during the 2014-15 year from more than 30,000 gifts from 14,760 donors
- A total of 2,435 individuals are members of the President’s Circle for fiscal year 2014-15, representing cumulative giving of $1,000 or more during the year
- The Alumni Programming staff conducted 213 events and programs that impacted 25,836 alumni and friends
Contact: Marc Archambault, (270) 745-6208