WKU’s Office of Study Away has selected 30 students to receive more than $7,000 in total scholarship awards. The scholarships will be applied toward tuition for Study Away and Faculty-Led Study Abroad courses taken during Summer Sessions 2015.
- Isaac Daniel, African Wildlife and Conservation Management
- Shelby Wade, African Wildlife and Conservation Management
- Nikolas Wright, Amsterdam & Brussels: Collaborative Program
- Seth Hulsey, Amsterdam & Brussels: Collaborative Program
- Leah Cannady, Citizen and Self
- Margaret Sullivan, Citizen and Self
- Andrew Henderson, Citizen and Self NYC
- Chelsea Ritter, Costa Rica; Ecotourism, Service Learning, and Outdoor Recreation
- Katelyn Nichols, Czech Republic Owensboro Sister Cities
- Sara Pecina, Dance in Italy
- Malia Latimer, England: Gatton Academy Summer Harlaxton
- Seth Marksberry, England: Gatton Academy Summer Harlaxton
- Falon Keith, Go Argentina!
- Eva Ross, Health, Wellness, and Social Welfare in Sweden
- Jason Fox, Iceland: The Climate Change Challenge
- Courtney Knight, Interior Design in Chicago
- Hannah Scott, International Speech Pathology
- Linda Cruz, Ireland: Celtic Agriculture
- Thomas Murphy, Ireland: Celtic Agriculture
- Tara Watkins, Ireland: Mystic Landscapes of the Emerald Island
- Nathan Cherry, Ireland: Mystic Landscapes of the Emerald Island
- Laura Bianco, Studio Response, Art of Italy
- Sydney Herndon, Studio Response, Art of Italy
- Christina Scott, Studio Response, Art of Italy
- Chaquille Johnson, Trinidad African American Experience Abroad
- Destinee Greer, Trinidad African American Experience Abroad
- Brittany Sale, Trinidad African American Experience Abroad
- Sarah Fox, WKU Chorale Performance Tour-Spain
- Landon Case, WKU Chorale Performance Tour-Spain
- Tara Sorrels,Iceland: The Climate Change Challenge
Falon Keith, a public relations major from Brentwood, Tennessee, selected the Go Argentina! program because he has always wanted to study abroad but couldn’t convince himself to apply and spend the money. “When I saw that this program would fulfill a requirement for my minor in sales, I was ecstatic,” he said.
Sara Pecina, a dance major from Kokomo, Indiana, selected the Dance in Italy program because it was a once in a lifetime chance that offers incredible opportunities to take dance classes from master teachers, perform representing WKU, attend performances, and meet professional Italian dancers. “This unique course offers me the chance to explore my passion across international borders gaining immeasurably valuable knowledge in another culture and the art form of dance,” she said.
According to Jerry Barnaby, director of the Office of Study Away, the goal is to provide students the opportunity to enhance their academic achievement by providing unique experiences that is not possible on campus.
For information, visit www.wku.edu/studyaway or call the Office of Study Away at (270) 745-2231.
Study Away is a unit of the Division of Extended Learning and Outreach.
Contact: Jerry Barnaby, (270) 745-2231 or firstname.lastname@example.org