The WKU chapter of the Beta Gamma Sigma International Honor Society in business inducted 56 students, faculty and business professionals during its annual ceremony on April 15.
These inductees join an expanding worldwide network of more than 625,000 business professionals who have earned recognition through lifetime membership in Beta Gamma Sigma. Students ranking in the top 10 percent of the baccalaureate and top 20 percent of graduate programs at schools accredited by AACSB International (The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business) are eligible for this invitation.
- Chapter Honoree is Dr. Karen Pickerill, Senior Managing Director for PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP in New York City.
- Faculty Initiate is Dr. Joanna Melancon of the Department of Marketing.
“As an applied college of business, we are particularly proud of outstanding academic excellence signified by Beta Gamma Sigma membership as our students prepare for leadership positions in business, government, and not-for-profit organizations,” said Dr. Jeffrey Katz, Dean of the Gordon Ford College of Business and Beta Gamma Sigma Chapter President. “The high level of student engagement with Beta Gamma Sigma has earned our college the enviable recognition as a Premier chapter.”
The following students were inducted into Beta Gamma Sigma:
- Seth Ashby, a Master of Accountancy student from Hanson.
- Hillary Clark, an MBA student from Pewee Valley.
- Michael D. Greer, an MBA student from Nashville, Tennessee.
- Haley Hamilton, an MBA student from Bowling Green.
- Adam Haynes, an MBA student from Owensboro.
- Chad Koons, an MBA student from Bowling Green.
- Anh Vu Quynh Le, an MBA student from Hanoi, Vietnam.
- Elizabeth Ashley McDowell, an MBA student from Bowling Green.
- Jeffrey W. Schmidt, an MBA student from Louisville.
- Rojita Sharma, an MBA student from Biratnagar, Nepal.
- Rachel Teal, an MBA student from Hendersonville, Tennessee.
- Shashie Anuradha Waduge, an MBA student from Louisville.
- Yujing Zhang, an MBA student from ShanDong, China.
- Francisco Esteban Arcos, a Financial Management major from Ecuador.
- Erin Asher, an Economics and International Business double major from Louisville.
- John Christian Bailey, an International Business major from Mt. Washington.
- Matthew Bunnell, an Accounting and Finance double major from Glasgow.
- Kelsey Conniff, a Management major from Shepherdsville.
- Andrea Crabtree, a Management major from Owensboro.
- Cody Kirk, a Business Informatics major from Owensboro.
- Christian Lacer, a Marketing major from Simpsonville.
- Sarah E. Rigdon, a Management and Human Resources major from Summer Shade.
- Zach J. Ross, a Financial Management and Business Informatics double major from Bowling Green.
- Anna N. Anthony, an Accounting and Economics double major from Hardinsburg.
- Nathaniel Askins, an Economics major from Munfordville.
- Sarah Basham, a Human Resources Management major from Bowling Green.
- Jessica Canada, a Human Resources Management major from Williamsburg.
- Joey Dahmer, an International Business major from Fisherville.
- Ellinor Haag, an International Business major from Sigtuna, Sweden.
- Rachel Hanks, an Accounting major from Lawrenceburg.
- Bradford Lee Higdon, a Marketing major from Mt. Washington.
- William Andrew Hillebrand, a Finance major from Prospect.
- Kody Johann, a Human Resources Management major from Evansville, Indiana.
- Sayrah Jones, an Accounting major from Bowling Green.
- Zane Ramey, an Accounting major from Lexington.
- Matthew M. Robbins, an Accounting major from Richmond.
- Megan Renee Scarbrough, an Accounting major from Auburn.
- Chia Shen, an Entrepreneurship major from Chuang-Wei, Taiwan.
- Brittany Smith, a Human Resources Management major from Bowling Green.
- Jonathan Spalding, a Finance major from Bardstown.
- Kimberly Spears, a Marketing major from Burkesville.
- Meredith Thompson, an Accounting major from Tompkinsville.
- Elizabeth White, an Entrepreneurship major from Alvaton.
- Jared Willis, an Accounting major from Leitchfield.
Beta Gamma Sigma was founded at the University of Wisconsin in 1913 as the first national honor society in business. WKU’s chapter was established in 1983.
Contact: Dr. Dawn Bolton, (270) 745-3107; Dr. Shane Spiller, (270) 745-8877