Several staff members in WKU’s Department of Intramural-Recreational Sports were recognized during the 66th NIRSA Annual Conference and Recreational Sports Exposition March 30-April 2.
- Dr. Todd Misener, Assistant Director of Health and Fitness, received the NIRSA Annual Service Award for his leadership as Chair of the Research and Assessment Committee. He also will serve as Consultant for the NIRSA Research and Assessment Committee.
- Sean Sherwood, Coordinator of Intramural Sports, received the NIRSA Region II Service Award for serving the region as the Kentucky State Director. Sherwood is serving the second year of a two-year term as NIRSA Kentucky State Director.
- Kimberly Horan, Graduate Assistant of Student Wellness, received the NIRSA Region II Service Award for serving the region as the Kentucky Student Leader. Horan, who is from Tinton Falls, New Jersey, is pursuing a master’s in Social Work.
- Cybbi Barton, Graduate Assistant of Sport Clubs, received the Frederick R. Braden Scholarship For Social Justice In Collegiate Recreation. Barton, who is from Lubbock, Texas, is working on a master’s in Sports Management. She also will serve as the student representative on the NIRSA Sport Club Committee.
- Steve Rey, Director of Intramural-Recreational Sports, was selected to serve as the Chair of the NIRSA Travel Stipend Committee as well as serve on the NIRSA Policy and Legislation Committee in addition to serving on the NIRSA CAS Standards and the NIRSA Foundation’s Sports Officials Development Task Forces.
- Jordan Gardner, Coordinator of Sport Clubs, will serve a three-year term as the Chair of the NIRSA Career Opportunities Center.
Contact: Steve Rey, (270) 745-6060