Here’s a WKU winter weather alert for Tuesday (Feb. 17):
- All WKU campuses will be closed Tuesday (Feb. 17). Essential personnel should report as scheduled. Use caution if traveling.
- The Preston Health and Activities Center is closed Tuesday (Feb. 17) and will reopen Wednesday (Feb. 18) weather permitting.
- Crews have restored power to Zacharias Hall, Meredith Hall and Preston Center. Thanks for your patience. (Read more about the power outage.)
- ATTENTION PEARCE-FORD TOWER RESIDENTS: Due to the power outage, Pearce-Ford Tower will be closed for a minimum of two nights. We are asking you to make alternate arrangements to spend the next two nights with a friend on campus, friend in the community, or family member. 24-hour visitation will be in effect in all halls for the next two evenings to assist with the alternate living arrangement. Other options include: limited open rooms in other residence halls or community spaces in residence halls. Additionally, Preston Center and Downing Student Union (DSU) will be open tonight (all night) as well.All PFT residents, please notify the housing staff of your plans during this time, by:
1. Stopping by the PFT front desk, or
2. Calling 270-745-3143 (by 8 p.m.)
PLEASE BE SURE TO VACATE PFT TODAY (2/17) BY 9 p.m. (CT)Wednesday (2/18) if you should need to pick up any belongings, PFT front desk will be open from 10 a.m.–2 p.m.Please watch for updates on the Housing & Residence Life main page (www.wku.edu/housing), our Facebook Page (Housing & Residence Life at WKU) or Twitter account (@WKUHRL).
- Mass Media and Technology Hall computer lab will be open from noon to 6 p.m. Tuesday (Feb. 17).
- The Hardin Planetarium show for Tuesday night (Feb. 17) is cancelled.
- For the latest updates, visit www.wku.edu, www.wku.edu/news or follow WKU News on Twitter @wkunews or Facebook at www.facebook.com/WKUNews