Here’s a reminder about WKU’s winter weather communications plan: If the WKU schedule is altered by inclement weather, WKU provides a number of ways you can find out if classes are delayed, canceled or if a campus is closed.
Schedule changes will be announced through emergency text message, campuswide emails, on the WKU website and social media, and through a recorded phone message. Students, faculty and staff should keep safety in mind when making travel decisions and the university will work with students who can’t come to campus for weather-related reasons.
- Text messages: Students, faculty and staff who have signed up for WKU’s emergency text messages will receive a text message announcing changes. Students, faculty and staff can sign up for text messages through TopNet by clicking on personal information and checking View / Update Cell Phone Messaging Notification.
- Online: Information will be posted on the WKU homepage, WKU News page, WKU Alert page, WKU Facebook page and WKU Twitter page.
- Email: WKU students, faculty and staff also will receive email about any schedule changes.
- Phone: If you can’t get to a computer, the WKU Information line (270-936-0000) will have the latest information recorded.
- News media: In addition, WKU will notify WBKO-TV and WKYU-FM in Bowling Green and send information to other media as well.
Campus transportation services
- Call 270-392-3193 and enter the stop code. (The stop codes are listed on the signs at each bus stop.)
- Visit http://www.wku.edu/nextbus
- Download the NextBus or iWKU app on your smart phone.
Winter weather could impact events and activities on campus. Check with event organizers for the latest information.
Contact: Media Relations, (270) 745-4295.