The WKU football team (7-4 overall, 3-3 Sun Belt Conference) wraps up the 2013 regular season at 3 p.m. Saturday (Nov. 30) against Arkansas State at Houchens Industries-L.T. Smith Stadium. The game will air on ESPN3 and the Hilltopper IMG Radio Network.
It will also be Senior Day on The Hill as WKU honors 20 Hilltopper seniors who will play their final home game, including All-America candidate and Doak Walker semifinalist Antonio Andrews. The drawing for the winner of the 2013 Big Red Vette Raffle will be held at halftime.
Game and ticket information
- For information about Saturday’s game, check out the 2013 WKU Football Gameday Central page on WKUSports.com for game notes, rosters, media guides, stats, video, audio, social media updates and more.
- Tickets are on sale through WKUSports.com, by visiting the WKU Ticket Office in E.A. Diddle Arena or by calling 1-800-5BIGRED.
- WKU residence halls will reopen at noon Saturday for students returning to campus from the Thanksgiving break.
- Tailgating festivities begin at 8 a.m. and end 30 minutes before kickoff. (More: 2013 tailgating map)
- WKU offers more 30 different areas for tailgating and picnicking all located within half of a mile of the stadium, most of which are available all day on gameday with no cost to enter, and approximately 4,500 free parking spaces including approximately 500 in Parking Structure 1.
- Game-by-game tailgating sales have been eliminated for the 2013 season. Areas in the heart of campus at McLean Hall, “The Valley,” Bates-Runner Hall and the Service Supply Building lawn become free, first-come first-serve tailgating areas. WKU Athletics reserves the right to close grass tailgating areas due to inclement weather. Tailgating areas close 30 minutes prior to kickoff, and the parking spaces will be lined for easy parking.
- Fans may utilize other grass and lawn areas throughout campus to picnic and for other non-tailgating activities. Pop-up tents, grills and coolers are permissible, and loading and unloading zones are located throughout campus and available on a temporary basis for those wishing to unload items on the lawns where parking is not permitted. Read more about 2013 tailgating plans.
- The WKU Alumni Association will host Opening Act, sponsored by US Bank, from 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. at the Augenstein Alumni Center at 292 Alumni Ave.
- TopperTown, a kids play area featuring inflatables, balloon artistry, face painting and games for kids of all ages, will open at noon. TopperTown is free for the entire family and is located in front of Parking Structure 2 on the campus side, directly across Avenue of Champions from the Downing Student Union.
- Fans can cheer on the WKU football team and Coach Petrino as they enter the stadium about two hours prior to kickoff. TopperWalk starts on Avenue of Champions across from the South Lawn, where the team buses will drop off the players and coaches so they can walk by fans and along with the WKU Cheerleaders, Topperettes, Big Red Marching Band and Big Red into the stadium.
Parking and traffic changes
WKU Parking & Transportation provides this reminder about parking and traffic changes:
Several parking lots will be reserved for event parking. Vehicles remaining in reserved areas are subject to a $35 fine and relocation. These lots will close Friday at 10 p.m. and must be cleared by 7 a.m. Saturday:
- All parking lots surrounding Diddle Arena
- Parking Structure 2 (PS2)
- South Lawn
- Parking spaces along Avenue of Champions down to University Boulevard
- McCormack Lot
- A portion of the Gated Regents Lot
- Nick Denes Field
Disability and RV Parking
- Disability parking is provided in the Jones-Jaggers Lot. Shuttle service begins at 1 p.m. and runs continuously throughout the game.
- RV Parking will be provided in the Service Supply Lot on a first-come, first-served basis beginning at 6 p.m. Friday. Unused parking will open at 2 p.m. for general parking.
- Shuttle service from the Alumni Square Garage will begin at 1 p.m.
Beginning Saturday morning, the following roads will close:
- College Heights Boulevard between Colonnade Drive and University Boulevard. Access will be restricted to HAF permit holders and tailgating season pass holders.
- Avenue of Champions at College Heights Boulevard. Access will be restricted to HAF permit holders.
Postgame Traffic Control
Following the game, while event traffic is exiting campus, traffic may be controlled at the following intersections:
- University Boulevard and 31W
- University Boulevard and Normal Street
- University Boulevard and Russellville Road
- University Boulevard and Parking Structure 2
- University Boulevard and Parking Structure 1
- University Boulevard and Old Morgantown Road
- Russellville Road and Morgantown Road
More: Postgame traffic map.
Contact: Parking & Transportation, (270) 745-2361.