- Bright Lights, Red City is the theme for Homecoming festivities. The Homecoming queen will be crowned at halftime; 22 students are candidates.
- The complete Homecoming schedule is available at http://alumni.wku.edu/homecoming,
- For information about Saturday’s game, check out the 2013 WKU Football Gameday Central page on WKUSports.com for game notes, rosters, media guides, stats, video, audio, social media updates and more.
- The game will air on ESPN3 and the Hilltopper IMG Sports Network.
- Tickets are on sale through WKUSports.com, by visiting the WKU Ticket Office in E.A. Diddle Arena or by calling 1-800-5BIGRED. The Toppers close out the 2013 home schedule against Arkansas State at 3 p.m. Nov. 30.
Homecoming Friday Night
- Homecoming Friday Night will begin at 5 p.m. with the parade from campus to downtown Bowling Green followed by a concert in Fountain Square Park with the Jordan English Band and Big Red’s Roar. Festivities return to campus at 8 p.m. with the Homecoming concert featuring country performers Justin Moore and Corey Smith at Diddle Arena. (More: Homecoming parade parking and street closing information; parade route and street closings map)
- Topper Transit’s Red, White and Blue Lines will end service at 3 p.m. Friday due to the parade, but the Green and Purple Lines will run as scheduled.
Hall of Fame inductions
- As part of Homecoming week, the Hall of Distinguished Alumni and the WKU Athletic Hall of Fame will induct their newest members. Members of the 22nd class of HODA – Dan Cherry, John D. Minton Jr. and Greg Smith — will be inducted at 11:30 a.m. Friday at the Sloan Convention Center. Members of the 23rd class of the Athletic Hall of Fame — Brandi Beckwith Carey, Romeo Crennel, James Edwards and Dr. Curtiss Long — will be inducted during the annual W-Club Homecoming Brunch at 10 a.m. Saturday at Diddle Arena.
- Tailgating festivities begin at 8 a.m. and end 30 minutes before kickoff. (More: 2013 tailgating map; Homecoming week schedule.)
- WKU offers more 30 different areas for tailgating and picnicking all located within half of a mile of the stadium, most of which are available all day on gameday with no cost to enter, and approximately 4,500 free parking spaces including approximately 500 in Parking Structure 1. WKU Athletics reserves the right to close grass tailgating areas due to inclement weather. Read more about 2013 tailgating plans.
- As part of Homecoming festivities, numerous organizations and campus groups will have tents set up around campus.
- The WKU Alumni Association will host Opening Act, sponsored by US Bank, from 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. at the Augenstein Alumni Center at 292 Alumni Ave. Jordan Minton will perform at 12:30 p.m.
- TopperTown, a kids play area featuring inflatables, balloon artistry, face painting and games for kids of all ages, will open at noon. TopperTown is free for the entire family and is located in front of Parking Structure 2 on the campus side, directly across Avenue of Champions from the Downing Student Union.
- Fans can cheer on the WKU football team and Coach Petrino as they enter the stadium about two hours prior to kickoff. TopperWalk starts on Avenue of Champions across from the South Lawn, where the team buses will drop off the players and coaches so they can walk by fans and along with the WKU Cheerleaders, Topperettes, Big Red Marching Band and Big Red into the stadium.
Parking and traffic changes
Several parking lots will be reserved for event parking. Vehicles remaining in reserved areas are subject to a $35 fine and relocation. These lots will close Friday at 10 p.m. and must be cleared by 7 a.m. Saturday:
- All parking lots surrounding Diddle Arena
- Parking Structure 2 (PS2)
- South Lawn
- Parking spaces along Avenue of Champions down to University Boulevard.
- McCormack Lot
- A portion of the Gated Regents Lot
- Nick Denes Field
Disability and RV Parking
- Disability parking is provided in the Jones-Jaggers Lot. Shuttle service begins at 1 p.m. and runs continuously throughout the game.
- RV Parking will be provided in the Service Supply Lot on a first-come, first-served basis beginning at 6 p.m. Friday. Unused parking will open at 2 p.m. for general parking.
- Shuttle service from the Alumni Square Garage will begin at 1 p.m.
- Beginning at 10 a.m. or when all public tailgating spots are full, College Heights Boulevard between Colonnade Drive and University Boulevard. Access will be restricted to HAF permit holders and tailgating season pass holders.
- Beginning at 8:30 a.m., Avenue of Champions at College Heights Boulevard. Access will be restricted to HAF permit holders.
Postgame Traffic Control
Following the game, while event traffic is exiting campus, traffic will be controlled at the following intersections:
- University Boulevard and 31W
- University Boulevard and Normal Street
- University Boulevard and Russellville Road
- University Boulevard and Parking Structure 2
- University Boulevard and Parking Structure 1
- University Boulevard and Old Morgantown Road
- Russellville Road and Morgantown Road
More: Postgame traffic map.
Contact: Parking & Transportation, (270) 745-2361.