Through Nov. 7, the WKU Department of Art is showcasing a juried selection of works created by WKU students in the areas of Painting, Drawing, Graphic Design, Printmaking, New Media (video), Sculpture, Ceramics and Weaving.
Once a year, the Art Department invites a notable guest juror to campus to select an exhibition from submitted student works. The juror also selects awards presented to students in categories according to medium. Each year, an additional award is given by the World’s Greatest Studio Tour in honor of Tour founder Marsha Heidbrink. This year the invited juror was the modern and contemporary art scholar Dr. Molly Warnock, Assistant Professor of Art History at Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore.
Out of 210 works submitted, 65 works were selected for the exhibition in the Ivan Wilson Fine Arts Center Gallery.
A list of award winners is as follows:
- Best of show, Studio Art: Ebony Marshman of Bowling Green, Untitled, Oil on Masonite
- Best of show, Graphic Design & New Media: Alex Aguirre of Bowling Green, Solilokyo, Digital Video
- Special Award, Work on Paper: Cae Normanha of Bowling Green, Exploring, Printmaking
- Special Award, 3D work: Jenna Hall of Scottsville, Tell Tale Heart, Clay, wood, glass
- Best Ceramics: Sarah Marie West of Bowling Green, Mountains, Ceramics
- Best Drawing: Jennifer Hail of Bowling Green, Steve Jobs, Collage
- Best Foundations Work: Hamilton Brindley of Adairville, Ambitious, Cardboard
- Best Painting: Laurie White of Louisville, Baptism, Oil on Masonite
- Best Print: Georgina Kleinhelter of Bowling Green, After, Printmaking
- Best Sculpture: Christina Rankin of Lebanon, Tenn., Auto Pro 1, Metal, Plaster, Wire, leather, Clay, rubber, wood
- Best Weaving: Mollee Bellamy of Owensboro, Untitled, Weaving
- Best symbol/logo: Jennifer Segrest of Owensboro, National Coffee Day, Illustration and Digital Print
- Best use of typography: Gabriela Kempter of Louisville, Stationary, Digital Print
- Best poster design: Jake Morrow of Glasgow, Bass Drop Music Festival, Digital Print
- Best applied design: J.R. Nimmo of Bowling Green, NCD T-Shirt and Buttons, Digital Print and Buttons
- Best new media: Alex Aguirre of Bowling Green, Quimbara, Digital Animation
- Juror’s Merit Award, Graphic Design: Jennifer Segrest of Owensboro, Day Dreams, Flash Animation
Contact: Kristina Arnold, (270) 745-2314.