The WKU football team faces Louisiana-Lafayette at 7 p.m. Tuesday (Oct. 15) at Houchens Industries-L.T. Smith Stadium. The game will air on ESPN2 and the Hilltopper IMG Radio Network.
Game and ticket information
Tuesday’s game has been designated as a Black Out with fans encouraged to wear black to the game. The first 1,000 fans in the gates will receive a free Black Out T-shirt with the first 1,000 students receiving WKU eye black.
For information about the game, check out the 2013 WKU Football Gameday Central page on WKUSports.com for game notes, rosters, media guides, stats, video, audio, social media updates and more.
Tickets are on sale through WKUSports.com, by visiting the WKU Ticket Office in E.A. Diddle Arena or by calling 1-800-5BIGRED. The rest of the 2013 home schedule: Troy (3 p.m. Oct. 26) and Arkansas State (3 p.m. Nov. 30).
The WKU Alumni Association will host Opening Act, sponsored by US Bank, at the Augenstein Alumni Center at 292 Alumni Ave. The building will be open at 4:30 p.m. and will close at 6:30 p.m.
TopperTown, a kids play area featuring inflatables, balloon artistry, face painting and games for kids of all ages, will open at 4 p.m. TopperTown is free for the entire family and is located in front of Parking Structure 2 on the campus side, directly across Avenue of Champions from the Downing Student Union.
Fans can cheer on the WKU football team and Coach Petrino as they enter the stadium about two hours prior to kickoff. TopperWalk starts on Avenue of Champions across from the South Lawn, where the team buses will drop off the players and coaches so they can walk by fans and along with the WKU Cheerleaders, Topperettes, Big Red Marching Band and Big Red into the stadium.
Parking and traffic changes
Several parking lots will be reserved Tuesday for event parking. Vehicles remaining in reserved areas are subject to a $35 fine and relocation.
- Housing parking spaces along Avenue of Champions will close at 7 a.m. and must be cleared by noon.
- Diddle Arena parking lots, South Lawn Lot and Premium parking spaces along Avenue of Champions will close at 2 p.m. and must be cleared by 3:30 p.m.
- Parking Structure 1 (PS1) and Parking Structure 2 (PS2) will close to incoming traffic at 2 p.m.; PS1 will be used for HAF permit holders, WKU permit holders going to night classes and Housing permit holders; no public parking in PS1. PS2 will be used for HAF permit holders only.
- Russellville Road Lot and Service Supply Lot will close at 2 p.m. (Commercial delivery traffic will be allowed in.)
- McCormack Lot and Heat Plant metered spaces will be reserved at noon and must be cleared by 3:30 p.m.
- Jones-Jaggers Lot will close at 3:30 p.m.
- Nick Denes and Smith West lots will close at 2 p.m.
- A portion of the Gated Regents Lot will be reserved beginning at 2 p.m. as spaces become available. After 4:30 p.m., remaining parking will be available on a first come, first served basis for evening classes; a WKU permit will be required.
Public Parking/Shuttle Service
- Public parking will be available in the Alumni Square Garage for $5 per vehicle. Beginning at 5 p.m., shuttle service will be provided by InShuttle approximately every 10 minutes through the conclusion of the event.
Disability and RV Parking
- Disability parking is provided in the Jones-Jaggers Lot at 4 p.m. Shuttle service begins at 5 p.m. and runs continuously throughout the game.
- RV Parking will be provided in the Service Supply Lot on a first-come, first-served basis. RVs may park in the Service Supply Lot beginning at 4 p.m. Tuesday.
The following roads will close:
- Avenue of Champions at College Heights Boulevard (PS1) will close at 4:30 p.m. Access will be restricted to event permit holders.
- College Heights Boulevard between Colonnade Drive and University Boulevard will close by 5:30 p.m. Access will be restricted to event permit holders.
Postgame Traffic Control
Following the game, while event traffic is exiting campus, traffic will be controlled at the following intersections:
- University Boulevard and 31W
- University Boulevard and Normal Street
- University Boulevard and Russellville Road
- University Boulevard and Parking Structure 2
- University Boulevard and Parking Structure 1
- University Boulevard and Old Morgantown Road
- Russellville Road and Morgantown Road
More: Postgame traffic map.
Topper Transit changes
- Blue Line and Red Line routes will end at 4:30 p.m. when Avenue of Champions closes.
- White Line will run a modified route from 4:30 p.m. to 6 p.m. Service will be maintained on 15-minute frequency between Main Campus and South Campus; on Main Campus, the White Line will run up and down Normal Street.
- Green Line will run its normal route and schedule though delays can be expected.
Contact: Parking & Transportation, (270) 745-2361.