WKU will host events for current and prospective students and their families on Sept. 21.
Focus on WKU and Fall Preview Day for Minority Students, campus preview events for prospective students and their families, will begin with registration at 10 a.m. and an opening assembly at 11 a.m. at Diddle Arena. The events will include informational sessions, academic expo and campus tours. Online registration is available at http://www.wku.edu/admissions/events/focus01.php and http://www.wku.edu/admissions/events/preview01.php
Parent & Family Weekend, an annual event to celebrate current students and their families, will begin with registration at 6 p.m. Sept. 20 at Downing Student Union and 10 a.m. Sept. 21 at the Parents’ Association tent on the South Lawn (inside Downing Student Union in case of rain). The event will include a mock classroom presentation and residence hall receptions. Online registration for Parent & Family Weekend is available at www.wku.edu/pfw.
Participants in Focus on WKU, Fall Preview Day and Parent & Family Weekend activities are invited to attend the President’s Festival on the South Lawn at 3:30 p.m. and the WKU vs. Morgan State football game at 6 p.m. at Houchens Industries-L.T. Smith Stadium. The 2013 Family of the Year will be recognized on the field during the football game.
In addition to those events, the Sept. 20-22 weekend also will include the following:
- The WKU Forensics team will host the WKU/Miami University Fall Fiesta Sept. 20-22.
- The 40th anniversary reunion of the 1973 OVC champion WKU football team on Sept. 21.
- A Sept. 20-21 celebration by the WKU Store and the WKU Restaurant Group of the reopening of the first phase of the renovated Downing Student Union, which includes the WKU Store, Fresh Food Company, YoBlendz and Starbucks.
- A concert by The Symphony at WKU at 7:30 p.m. Sept. 20 at Van Meter Hall.
- A glass fusing workshop at 9 a.m. Sept. 21 at the Kentucky Museum.
- Football tailgating activities on Sept. 21, including the Opening Act Pregame Party at 2:30 p.m. at the Augenstein Alumni Center.
- A performance by the WKU Chorale at 3 p.m. Sept. 22 at First Christian Church.
- More: For additional event listings, visit the WKU Events Calendar or the WKU News page events list.
Contact: Admissions, (270) 745-2551; or Student Activities, (270) 745-2459.