Twenty-eight WKU students will present research during the 2013 Posters-at-the-Capitol event Feb. 21 in Frankfort.
- Michael B. Armstrong, an Owensboro senior, will present Regressions on Personalities and Political Preference on Collegiate Greek Letter Social Organizations with faculty mentors Rick Grieve and Thomas Reece.
- Michael Bradshaw, a Greensburg senior; William Storrs, a Gatton Academy student from Covington; William Johnson, a Gatton Academy student from Elkton; and Andrew Keltner, a St. Louis senior, will present Developing a Four-Rotored Radio Control Helicopter for Photography and Photogrammetry Applications with faculty mentor Joel Lenoir.
- David Brown, a Gatton Academy student from Central City, will present Creation of Poly(3-hexylthiophene)-Functionalized Silsesquioxane Nanorods for Organic-Based Solar Cells with faculty Hemali Rathnayake.
- Keaton Brownstead, a Glasgow junior, will present Are We Fed Economic Uncertainty? with faculty mentor Catherine Carey.
- Adam C. Edge, a Shepherdsville junior, will present Examining Human Perception of African Elephants (Loxodonta africana) and Large Trees for Insights into Conservation of an African Savanna Ecosystem with faculty mentors Bruce Schulte and Jerry Daday.
- Ryan Gott, a Gatton Academy student from Bowling Green, will present Understanding the Haptic Response of Wood Finishes with faculty mentor Chris Byrne.
- Lara van der Heiden, a Gatton Academy student from Carlisle, will present Mercury Analysis in Rafinesque Big Eared Bat Populations with faculty mentor Cathleen J. Webb.
- Nitin Krishna, a Gatton Academy student from Corbin; Hannah Pennington, a Gatton Academy student from Union; and Brandon Russell, a Bowling Green senior, will present Formulating Mathematical Models to Analyze the Treatment of Chronic Wounds with faculty mentor Richard Schugart.
- Jessica Parks, a Bowling Green senior, will present Applying Regulatory Focus Theory to Change Attitudes Toward Breastfeeding: Reaching Women Who Lack Confidence in Their Ability to Breastfeed with faculty mentor Aaron Wichman.
- Dillon Pender, an Elizabethtown senior; Lakshmi Vangala, a senior from Frederick, Md.; Vivek Badwaik, a senior from West Lafayette, Ind.; Helen Thompson, a Glasgow senior; Rammohan Paripelly, a senior from India; David Donald, a senior from Johnson City, Tenn.; and Matthew Gonzalez, a Gatton Academy student from Brodhead, will present Antimicrobial and Antiangiogenic Drugs – Relevance in Biomedical Research with faculty mentor Rajalingam Dakshinamurthy.
- Michael Powers, a Bowling Green senior, will present In Situ Time-resolved Raman and X-ray Diffraction of Rare Earth Element Ion Exchange in Nanoporous Sitinakite with faculty mentor Aaron Celestian.
- Wayne Schmitt, a Gatton Academy student from Jeffersonville, will present Microbial Fuel Cells: Generating Electricity From Mud with faculty mentors Yan Cao, Wei-Ping Pan and Hou-Yin Zhao.
- Tara Sherfey, a Glasgow senior, and Ashley Burden, a Princeton senior, will present Solutions to Access to Oral Care in Kentucky with faculty mentor Wendi Hulsey.
- Melissa Smith, a Gatton Academy student from Guthrie, and Meghan Hall, a Gatton Academy student from Hustonville, will present Does Ecology Promote Sexual Dimorphism in the Pecos Pupfish (Cyprinodon pecosensis)? with faculty mentor Michael Collyer.
- Chris Yates, a Bowling Green senior, will present Indigenous Credit Associations in Rural Botswana with faculty mentor Brian Strow.
Posters-at-the-Capitol is intended to help members of Kentucky’s legislature and the Governor better understand the importance of involving undergraduates in research, scholarly and creative work.
Contact: Blaine Ferrell, (270) 745-8842.