Weather forecasts show the possibility of freezing rain or ice Thursday night or early Friday. Should weather conditions cause schedule changes at WKU, you can keep up with the latest information through several venues.
Schedule changes will be announced through emergency text message, campuswide emails, on the WKU website and social media, and through a recorded phone message.
- Text messages: Students, faculty and staff who have signed up for WKU’s emergency text messages will receive a text message announcing changes. Students, faculty and staff can sign up for text messages through TopNet by clicking on personal information and checking View / Update Cell Phone Messaging Notification.
- Online: Information will be posted on the WKU homepage, WKU News page, WKU Alert page, WKU Facebook page and WKU Twitter page.
- Email: WKU students, faculty and staff also will receive email about any schedule changes.
- Phone: The WKU Information line (270-936-0000) will have the latest information recorded.
- News media: In addition, WKU will notify WBKO-TV and WKYU-FM in Bowling Green and send information to other media as well.
You can also monitor NextBus for changes in campus transportation services. To access NextBus:
- Call 270-392-3193 and enter the stop code. (The stop codes are listed on the signs at each bus stop.)
- Visit http://www.wku.edu/nextbus
- Download the NextBus or iWKU app on your smart phone.
For updated weather information, visit the Stormtoppers website at http://stormtoppernetwork.blogspot.com.