The 2012 Homecoming parade will be held from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m. Friday (Oct. 19).
The parade begins on College Heights Boulevard near Parking Structure 1, travels up College Heights Boulevard to the traffic light at State Street, then turns left onto State Street and travels to Fountain Square Park where it concludes. A concert by the Ernie Small Blues Band will begin at 5 p.m. at Fountain Square Park followed by Big Red’s Roar. (More: Homecoming information/schedule)
Parade floats and other participants will begin staging at 3:30 p.m. along Avenue of Champions. Please note the following changes to traffic patterns, street closings and parking:
Avenue of Champions/College Heights Boulevard
- Avenue of Champions will be closed to through traffic beginning at 3:15 p.m. until the completion of the parade.
- Vehicles traveling down College Heights Boulevard after 3:15 p.m. will be asked to turn right onto College Heights Boulevard (formerly Dogwood Avenue) beginning at 3:15 p.m.
- Parade entries will be arriving on University Boulevard from Nashville Road and Russellville Road. Expect delays along University Boulevard from 3:30 p.m. until 5 p.m.
- Vehicles turning onto College Heights Boulevard (formerly Dogwood Avenue) from University Boulevard will only be allowed to turn left onto College Heights Boulevard from 3:15 p.m. until 5 p.m.
- At 5 p.m., all of College Heights Boulevard will be closed until the completion of the parade. Only emergency vehicles will be allowed to travel Avenue of Champions and College Heights Boulevard.
- Traffic will not be allowed to enter College Heights Boulevard from College Street or Normal Avenue from 5 p.m. until the completion of the parade.
- State Street from College Heights Boulevard to Fountain Square Park in downtown Bowling Green will be closed to through traffic from 5 p.m. until the completion of the parade.
Hilltop Drive/Colonnade Drive
- Hilltop Drive and Colonnade Drive will not be accessible from 5 p.m. until the completion of the parade.
- Traffic exiting Colonnade Drive during the parade will be required to turn right onto Normal Avenue.
Parking lots affected
- Vehicles parked in PS1, Diddle North, Diddle South, South Lawn lot or Poland lot will not be able to exit onto Avenue of Champions from 3:15 p.m. until the completion of the parade.
- Vehicles will be able to exit PS1 onto College Heights Boulevard but will only be permitted to turn left toward University Boulevard.
- Vehicles parked in the Wetherby lot or Schneider lot will not be allowed to exit onto College Heights Boulevard after the parade begins at 5 p.m.
- Vehicles parked in the HUB lot will not be able to exit between 5 p.m. and 6 p.m.
- Vehicles parked in the College Hill lot will exit right onto College Street, but will not be able to exit onto College Heights Boulevard between 5 p.m. and 6 p.m.