The 2012 WKU home football season opens Saturday (Sept. 1) when the Hilltoppers host Austin Peay at Houchens Industries-L.T. Smith Stadium. Kickoff is at 6 p.m. with tailgating festivities beginning at 11:30 a.m. (Check out a detailed tailgating map.)
The season opener has been designated as the Live United White Out Game. Fans are encouraged to wear white to the game, and the first 4,000 fans will receive a free “Live United” White Out T-shirt as they enter the game courtesy of WKU Athletics, United Way, Fruit of the Loom and U.S. Bank.
2012 WKU Football Gameday Central: For information about tailgating, tickets, pregame notes, team rosters, media guides, stats, video, audio and more, check out the 2012 WKU Football Gameday Central page on WKUSports.com.
WKU Parking & Transportation provides this reminder about the following parking and traffic changes:
Game-day parking changes
Several parking lots will be reserved for event parking. The following lots will close at 10 p.m. Friday and must be cleared by 7 a.m. Saturday:
- All parking lots surrounding Diddle Arena
- Parking spaces along Avenue of Champions down to University Boulevard
- South Lawn
- Parking Structure 2 (PS2)
- Schneider Hall
- McCormack Lot
- Jones-Jaggers Lot
- Back portion of Creason Lot
- Gated Regents Lot
Game-day traffic changes
In addition, roads will close prior to the game and post-game event traffic will be controlled by police officers at key intersections. Road closings will begin 6 1/2 hours prior to kickoff and last throughout the event.
- College Heights Boulevard will be closed between Colonnade Drive and University Boulevard. Access will be restricted to HAF permit holders, tailgating season pass holders, and tailgating day parking customers.
- Avenue of Champions will be closed at College Heights Boulevard. Access will be restricted to HAF permit holders.
- Post-event traffic will be controlled at PS1, PS2, University Boulevard and Russellville Road.
Click for a map of the reserved parking lots and road closings.
Contact: Parking & Transportation, (270) 745-2361.