At the 2010 Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE) Kentucky conference, WKU was named winner of six Grand Awards in the annual competition. WKU received a total of 17 awards at the CASE Kentucky Awards Program held Dec. 10 at Louisville Downtown Marriott in Louisville.
CASE Kentucky is a statewide organization that serves advancement professionals at all levels who work in alumni relations, communications and development at more than 70 colleges, universities, private secondary and elementary schools, as well as other educational organizations. Through programs such as the annual conference, awards competition, and scholarship opportunities, CASE Kentucky is committed to providing quality professional development programs for its members.
This year, CASE Kentucky offered awards in 50 categories. Qualified professionals from education and the private sector outside the state judged all categories. In each category judges had the option of awarding one Grand Award and up to two Awards of Excellence and three Special Merit Awards.
CASE Kentucky awards recognized several departments across campus.
Grand Award winners:
- Total Educational Fundraising Program category- The Campaign for Western Kentucky University (Office of Development & Alumni Relations)
- Educational Fundraising category- WKU Sisterhood (Office of Development & Alumni Relations)
- Tabloids and Newsletters category- Doers & Deeds Newsletter (University Publications and Academic Affairs)
- Other Magazines category- WKU Scholar (University Publications and Office of Sponsored Programs)
- Magazine Publishing Improvement category- WKU Spirit (Office of Development & Alumni Relations)
- Design for Print Category- Office of Sustainability Celine Cousteau Poster (University Publications and Office of Sustainability)
Awards of Excellence winners:
- Overall Alumni Relations Programs category- Overall WKU Alumni Association (Office of Development & Alumni Relations)
- Educational Fundraising category- A New Century of Spirit (Office of Development & Alumni Relations)
- Constituency Organization Programs category- WKU Sisterhood (Office of Development & Alumni Relations)
- Alumni Magazines III category- WKU Spirit (Office of Development & Alumni Relations)
- Other Magazines category- The Challenge Magazine of The Center for Gifted Studies (University Publications and Center for Gifted Studies)
- Other Magazines category- WKU Arts and Letters, The Magazine of Potter College at WKU (University Publications and Potter College of Arts & Letters)
- Photography category- The Red Towel (University Photography)
- Photography category- Consolation (University Photography)
Special Merit winners:
- Direct Mail category- Visual and Performing Arts Calendar Events Flyer (University Publications and Potter College of Arts & Letters)
- Photography category- Centennial (University Photography)
- Films and Videotapes category- View From the Hill- Kela’s Crew (Media Relations)
Contact: Alicia Carter, (270) 745-4720.