WKU recognized its top volunteers, alumni chapters and alumni Thursday night (Oct. 28) at the annual Summit Awards.
Distinguished Service Medals to recognize the service of the University’s top volunteers were presented to David G. Chandler, Gary Hairlson and Howard Pincus.
Matt Coleman of Nashville, Tenn., is the Young Alumnus of the Year and Heather Rogers of Bowling Green is the Alumnus of the Year.
The Summit Awards were presented at the Knicely Conference Center at WKU’s South Campus as part of Homecoming activities.
The Barren County, Central Kentucky, Greater Louisville, Heartland, Music City and Warren County alumni chapters were recognized as Chapters of Distinction for their efforts in organizing alumni events, community service projects, student recruitment and special events.
University-wide volunteer of the year awards were presented to the following:
- Claire Arnold of Louisville, College of Health and Human Services Stakeholders Advisory Board
- Brenda Bush of Glasgow, WKU-Glasgow Advisory Board
- David G. Chandler of Bowling Green, “New Century of Spirit” Campaign Cabinet
- Ronnie Clark of Franklin, College Heights Foundation
- Warren and Darlene Eisenstein of Glasgow, The Center for Gifted Studies Advisory Board
- Dick Frockt of Las Vegas, Nev., President’s Board of Advisors
- Gary Hairlson of St. Charles, Mo., Journalism Workshop Volunteer
- Ron Hatcher of Bowling Green, WKU Museum Advisory Board
- Jan Hensley of Bowling Green, College of Education and Behavioral Sciences Advisory Board
- Glen Higdon of Owensboro, WKU Foundation Board
- Anna Jo Johnson of Bowling Green, WKU Libraries Advisory Council
- Brian King of Bowling Green, WKYU-PBS Volunteer
- Susie Likes of Bowling Green, WKU Public Radio Volunteer
- Joe Morel of Bowling Green, Young Alumni Council
- Renee Perkins of Glasgow, WKU Nursing Advisory Board
- Howard Pincus of West Palm Beach, Fla., National Alumni Association Board of Directors
- Greg and Sherry Ryle of Burlington, Parents’ Advisory Council
- Lowell Shank of Bowling Green, Ogden Foundation
- Greg Stivers of Bowling Green, Hilltopper Athletic Foundation
- Yvonne Turner of Bowling Green, W-Club Board of Directors
- Leslie Watkins of Bowling Green, The Symphony Board of Directors
- Keith Williams of Bowling Green, Society of African American Alumni Executive Committee
Contact: Amy Miller, (270) 745-4395.