WKU’s Study Abroad & Global Learning announces the addition of the new Study Abroad Advisor.
Melinda Farmer joins the SAGL staff as the main contact point for WKU students.
Farmer returns to WKU after several years working in the study abroad field. She’s a 1999 graduate of WKU with a double major in Religious Studies and French. She earned her master’s in Intercultural Relations in 2003 from Lesley University.
Most recently, she worked in the Education Abroad office at the University of Kentucky, and she has traveled widely.
Farmer will be responsible for:
• Providing academic opportunities and guidance for students and faculty who wish to pursue opportunities overseas.
• Creating and maintaining recruiting materials for WKU-led programs and exchanges.
• Conducting outgoing orientation, special events, post-program evaluations and returnee assessment.
• Representing the Study Abroad & Global Learning on campus and in the community.
• Assisting with new projects and program development.
Contact Jerry Barnaby, (270) 745-5334, or email firstname.lastname@example.org