Welcome to the WKU Alert page. In the event of weather closings/cancellations for WKU’s Bowling Green and regional campuses or other emergencies, information will be posted here.
In the event of severe storm warnings, tune to local weather reports on TV, radio or online and check the WKU StormTopper Network page or the National Weather Service’s Louisville forecast office. If a tornado warning is issued for Warren County, WKU’s outdoor warning system will be activated and an emergency text message will be sent to students, faculty and staff who have signed up for WKU’s emergency text alert system. To sign up or verify you are enrolled with the proper cell phone number, log into your WKU TopNet account.
Winter weather communications plan
In addition to this page, here are the other ways you can access official WKU information about weather closings/cancellations:
1. A link to the latest information will be posted on the WKU homepage.
2. Text messages will be sent to students, faculty and staff who have signed up for WKU’s emergency text alert system. To sign up or verify you are enrolled with the proper cell phone number, log into your WKU TopNet account.
3. Emails will be sent to students, faculty and staff.
5. The WKU information line at 270-936-0000 will have a recorded message.
6. Information also will be sent to local/area media, but the most reliable sources are those listed above.
Students, faculty and staff should keep safety in mind when making decisions and the university will work with students who can’t come to campus for weather related reasons.
For more information about emergency communications at WKU, visit
To check on changes in campus transportation services
You can also monitor NextBus for changes in campus transportation services. To access NextBus:
- Call 270-392-3193 and enter the stop code. (The stop codes are listed on the signs at each bus stop.)
- Visit http://www.wku.edu/nextbus
- Download the NextBus or iWKU app on your smart phone.