Here’s a list of upcoming WKU events. All times are Central. For more events, visit WKU’s online calendar or the Current Students page. For more WKU News, follow us on Twitter @wkunews, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/WKUNews or subscribe to our newsfeed at www.wku.edu/news
- WKU Summer Hours Through Aug. 15: Offices open 7:30 a.m.-4 p.m. Monday-Thursday; 7:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Friday.
- Exhibits at Kentucky Museum: Instruments of American Excellence; plus other gallery and on-campus exhibits. Contact Kentucky Museum, (270) 745-2592.
- Planetarium show: MoonBeings, July 13-Aug. 24. Show times are 7 p.m. Tuesday, 7 p.m. Thursday, 2 p.m. Sunday. Hardin Planetarium. Contact Ronn Kistler, (270) 745-4044.
- Summer camps: For a list of events and activities, visit the WKU ALIVE Center’s Summer Fun page.
Thursday, July 24
- Noon: Kentucky Junior Livestock Expo. L.D. Brown Agricultural Exposition Center. Through July 26. Contact Timothy Jeffries, (502) 564-4983.
Friday, July 25
- 8 a.m.: Kentucky Junior Livestock Expo. L.D. Brown Agricultural Exposition Center. Through July 26. Contact Timothy Jeffries, (502) 564-4983.
- 8 a.m.: Board of Regents meeting. Augenstein Alumni Center’s Guillaume Executive Board Room. Contact Bob Skipper, (270) 745-4295.
Saturday, July 26
- 7:30 a.m.: Kentucky Junior Livestock Expo. L.D. Brown Agricultural Exposition Center. Contact Timothy Jeffries, (502) 564-4983.
Saturday, Aug. 2
- 1 p.m.: Southern Kentucky Team Penning.L.D. Brown Agricultural Exposition Center. Contact Dana Ray, (270) 287-1007.
2014 Summer Camps
Here are dates for some upcoming summer camps at WKU; for a listing of additional camps and information, visit the WKU ALIVE Center’s Summer Fun for Kids page
- SCATS (The Summer Camp for Academically Talented Middle School Students): June 8-20 at various campus locations
- VAMPY (The Summer Program for Verbally and Mathematically Precocious Youth): June 22-July 12 at various campus locations
- Advanced Placement Summer Institute: June 23-27 and June 30-July 3 at various campus locations
- The Summer Camp: July 14-18 at various campus locations
- Photography Camp with Jeanie Adams-Smith, June 2-6 at Kentucky Museum
- Painting Camp with Lynne Ferguson, June 9-13 at Kentucky Museum
- Media Exploration with Missi Carini, June 16-20 at Kentucky Museum
- Clay Camp with Laura Bain-Selbo, June 23-27 at Kentucky Museum
School of Journalism & Broadcasting
- Xposure Journalism Camp, June 14-22 at Mass Media and Technology Hall
- High School Summer Media Workshops, June 15-19 at Mass Media and Technology Hall
- Digital Journalism Faculty Workshop, July 13-20 at Mass Media and Technology Hall
- WKU Summer Forensics Institute, July 6-12 at Garrett Conference Center
- String Explosion, July 21-26 at Ivan Wilson Fine Arts Center and Music Rehearsal Hall
- Southern Kentucky Children’s Chorus “Sing Out Loud,” June 25-27 at Music Rehearsal Hall
- Camp Big Red, weekly sessions June 2-Aug. 1 at Preston Health and Activities Center
Confucius Institute/Hardin Planetarium
- Chinese Discoveries that Shaped our World, July 7-11 at Helm Library and Hardin Planetarium
- Big Red Tennis Camp: June 9-12 at the Club at Olde Stone
- WKU Softball Camps: Elite Clinic, June 16-17; Lil’ Toppers Camp, June 24; Pitching/Catching Clinic, June 24. All camps at WKU Softball Complex.
- WKU Football Camps: Senior High Camp, June 7; Future Toppers Kid Camp, June 9-11; Senior High Camp, July 19. All at Houchens Industries-L.T. Smith Stadium.
- WKU Baseball Camps: Youth Skills Camps, June 9-12 and July 7-10 at Nick Denes Field.
- Ray Harper Basketball Camps: Day Camps, June 16-18 and June 30-July2; Elite Camp, June 27-28. All camps at Diddle Arena.
- Lady Topper Basketball Camps: Team Camp, June 12-14; Scoring Clinic, June 23; Skill Position Clinic, June 23; Individual Camp, June 24-27; Lil’ Topper Camp, June 24-27; Select Training Camp, Aug. 1-2. All camps at Diddle Arena.
- WKU Swim Camps: Start & Turn Camps, June 5-8 and June 13-15, at Bill Powell Natatorium, Preston Health and Activities Center.
- WKU Volleyball Camps: Lil’ Volley Topper Camp, June 4-6; Individual Skill Select Camp, June 9-11; High School Team Camp, July 10-12. All camps at Diddle Arena.
- WKU Soccer Camps: Elite Individual and Goalkeeper Camp I, June 13-15; Girls Team Camp, June 17-21; Elite Individual and Goalkeeper Camp II, July 11-13; Half Day Camp, July 21-25. All camps at WKU Soccer Complex.
Other WKU events
- WKU Alumni Association: Visit the Alumni Association’s events calendar or call (270) 745-4395 or 888-WKU-ALUM.
- WKU Admissions: Check out WKU Admissions website for a listing ofoff-site open houses, on-campus recruitment events and counselor visits to area high schools.
- WKU Parking & Transportation: For parking maps and other campus parking/transit/traffic information, visit the PTS news page.