WKU recognized its top volunteers, alumni and alumni chapters Thursday night (Oct. 24) at the annual Summit Awards.
Distinguished Service Medals to recognize the service of the University’s top volunteers were presented to Pat Richardson of Louisville, Rick Wilson of Bowling Green and David Wiseman of Bowling Green.
Dale Augenstein of Hilton Head Island, S.C., was recognized as WKU’s Philanthropist of the Year.
Ashley Parker of Lexington is the Young Alumna of the Year and Joe Morel of Bowling Green is the Alumnus of the Year.
The Barren County, Central Kentucky, Greater Louisville, Music City, Northern Kentucky and Owensboro alumni chapters were recognized as Spirit of Distinction Alumni Chapters for their efforts in organizing alumni events, community service projects, student recruitment and special events.
The Summit Awards were presented at the Knicely Conference Center at WKU’s South Campus as part of Homecoming activities.
University-wide volunteer of the year awards were presented to the following:
- Bentley Badgett of Owensboro, WKU-Owensboro
- Wayne Bush of Bowling Green, Hilltopper Athletic Foundation Board
- Jimmy Claiborne of Scottsville, Electrical Engineering Advisory Board
- Derek Clemons of Leitchfield, Mechanical Engineering Advisory Board
- William Florman of Bowling Green, Department of Geography and Geology
- Cindy Gaffney of Bowling Green, Library Advisory Council
- Julie Hinson of Prospect, College of Health and Human Services Stakeholders Advisory Board
- Shelia Hogue of Glasgow, WKU-Glasgow
- Paul Just of Bowling Green, Alumni W-Club
- Kirby and Angela Kemble of Shepherdsville, Honors College Parents’ Advisory Council
- Will Lambert of White House, Tenn., Young Alumni Council
- BJ McKenzie of Bowling Green, The Center for Gerontology
- Kristen Miller of Louisville, Alumni Association National Alumni Board
- Doris Moody of Bowling Green, Communication Advisory Council
- Bill Murphree of Bowling Green, College of Education and Behavioral Sciences Advisory Board
- Gene Policinski of Washington, D.C., School of Journalism and Broadcasting News-Editorial Professional Advisory Committee
- Bryan Reaka of Bowling Green, Ogden College of Science and Engineering
- Pat Richardson of Louisville, The Center for Gifted Studies
- Mary Sample of Bowling Green, College Heights Foundation Board
- Dennis Smith of Bowling Green, Civil Engineering Advisory Board
- Keith Williams of Bowling Green, Society of African American Alumni Executive Committee
- Rick Wilson of Bowling Green, Business Executive Advisory Council of the Gordon Ford College of Business
- David Wiseman of Bowling Green, WKU Foundation Board of Trustees
- Hank Wohltjen of Bowling Green, WKU Research Foundation Board
Contact: Kara Neidell, (270) 745-4395.