The Southern Kentucky Book Fest partnership announces the five finalists for the 2013 Kentucky Literary Award. This year’s award will go to a work of non-fiction by a Kentucky author or with a significant Kentucky theme that was published in 2011 or 2012.
The five finalists are:
- A Few Honest Words: The Kentucky Roots of Popular Music by Jason Howard
- Arab and Jewish Women in Kentucky: Stories of Accommodation and Audacity by Nora Rose Moosnick
- Bluegrass Baseball: A Year in the Minor League Life by Katya Cengal
- Confederate Outlaw: Champ Ferguson and the Civil War in Appalachia by Brian McKnight
- The Kentucky Derby: How the Run for the Roses Became America’s Premier Sporting Event by James Nicholson
The award winner will be announced at the Southern Kentucky Book Fest’s Meet the Authors reception on April 19 – the night before the main Book Fest event. For information about the program, contact Kristie Lowry, Book Fest and Literary Outreach Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (270) 745-4502.
The Southern Kentucky Book Fest is a partnership of Barnes & Noble Booksellers, Warren County Public Library and Western Kentucky University Libraries.
Contact: Kristie Lowry, (270) 745-4502.