WKU’s Diddle Arena will host the Fourth Region high school basketball tournaments, which start Monday (Feb. 25).
Fourth Region boys’ and girls’ tournaments
- Monday, Feb. 25: Boys’ first-round games — Russellville vs. Allen County-Scottsville at 6 and Russell County vs. Greenwood at 8 p.m.
- Tuesday, Feb. 26: Boys’ first-round games — Warren Central vs. Franklin-Simpson at 6 and Barren County vs. Clinton County at 8 p.m.
- Friday, March 1: Boys’ semifinal games at 6 and 8 p.m.
- Sunday, March 3: Boys’ championship game at 3 p.m.
- Monday, March 4: Girls’ semifinal games at 6 and 8 p.m.
- Tuesday, March 5: Girls’ championship game at 7 p.m.
Event parking: Parking is $8 in the parking structures at Diddle Arena. View tournament parking map; For the WKU campus community: Event parking will be in effect for game day activities starting at 4:30 p.m. – surface lots surrounding Diddle Arena will be reserved; South Lawn Lot will also be reserved for this week’s WKU men’s games; those attending WKU evening classes will be allowed to park in both PS1 and PS2.
Girls’ tournament opens at Barren County: First-round games in the girls’ regional tournament will be played Feb. 27-28 at Barren County High School.
Hilltopper, Lady Topper basketball
In addition to high school tournaments, the WKU basketball teams also wrap up the 2012-13 home schedule next week at Diddle Arena.
- Wednesday, Feb. 27: Lady Toppers vs. South Alabama at 7 p.m.
- Thursday, Feb. 28: Hilltoppers vs. South Alabama at 7 p.m.
- Saturday, March 2: Lady Toppers vs. Middle Tennessee at 2 p.m.; Hilltoppers vs. Middle Tennessee at 5:30 p.m.
Girls’ Sweet Sixteen
Diddle Arena will be the site of the 2013 Houchens Industries/KHSAA Girls’ Sweet Sixteen March 13-16.
- Wednesday, March 13: First-round games at noon, 1:30 p.m., 6:30 p.m. and 8 p.m.
- Thursday, March 14: First-round games at noon, 1:30 p.m., 6:30 p.m. and 8 p.m.
- Friday, March 15: Quarterfinal-round games at noon, 1:30 p.m., 6:30 p.m. and 8 p.m.
- Saturday, March 16: Semifinal games at 10 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. Championship game at 8 p.m.
Contact: Campus and Community Events, (270) 745-2497.