The 2012 Kentucky Music Educators Association (KMEA) State Marching Band Championships will be held Saturday (Oct. 27) at WKU’s Houchens Industries-L.T. Smith Stadium with state semifinals at WKU and four other sites in the Bowling Green area. (More: For parking, ticket and other information, visit WKU’s marching band championships website.)
Schedule for state semifinals
The top 16 bands in each class will meet for semifinals competition at the following locations in the Bowling Green area (bands listed in performance order):
- Class A – Warren Central High School, 10 a.m.: Russellville, Pineville, Cumberland County, Campbellsville, McLean County, Raceland Worthington, Ballard Memorial, Harlan, Owensboro Catholic, Paris, Murray, Hazard, Crittenden County, Williamstown, Mayfield, Beechwood
- Class AA – Greenwood High School, 11 a.m.: Butler County, Lewis County, Todd County Central, Morgan County, Green County, Christian Academy of Louisville, Hancock County, Russell, Trigg County, Danville, Hart County, Larue County, Caldwell County, Washington County, Glasgow, Wayne County
- Class AAA – Allen County-Scottsville High School, 11 a.m.: Allen County-Scottsville, Holmes, Elizabethtown, Rockcastle County, Warren East, Estill County, Boyle County, Powell County, Adair County, Bourbon County, Taylor County, Garrard County, Russell County, Rowan County, South Warren, Corbin
- Class AAAA – Barren County High School, 11 a.m.: North Oldham, Madison Southern, Hopkinsville, Harrison County, Greenwood, Marion County, Nelson County, Woodford County, Calloway County, Mercer County, Madisonville-North Hopkins, Grant County, John Hardin, West Jessamine, South Oldham, Anderson County
- Class AAAAA – WKU’s Houchens Industries-L.T. Smith Stadium, 11 a.m.: Meade County, North Laurel, Marshall County, Tates Creek, Henderson County, Henry Clay, Grayson County, Larry A. Ryle, Muhlenberg County, Eastern, Central Hardin, Lafayette, Daviess County, Paul Laurence Dunbar, North Hardin, Madison Central
Tickets for the semifinals are $10 and can purchased at event sites. (More: For event site maps, visit the KMEA website.)
Schedule for state finals
The top four scoring bands in each class will move on to the finals competition that begins at 6 p.m. at WKU. The event will conclude with the naming of a state champion in each class.
- Class A finals begin at 6 p.m.
- Class AA finals begin at 7 p.m.
- Class AAA finals begin at 8 p.m.
- Class AAAA finals begin at 9 p.m.
- Class AAAAA finals begin at 10 p.m.
Tickets for finals are $12 and $17; finals tickets will be available at 10 a.m. Oct. 27 at WKU’s Houchens Industries-L.T. Smith Stadium.
For those competing at WKU
Here are maps for fans and bands who will be attending semifinals and finals at WKU:
For WKU parking and other information, visit WKU’s marching band championships website.
Avenue of Champions will be closed to through traffic from 7 a.m. until midnight.
In addition, several parking lots will be reserved for event parking. The following lots will close at 10 p.m. Friday and must be cleared by 7 a.m. Saturday:
- Avenue of Champions on street parking to Keen Hall
- Chestnut Street South Lot
- Parking lots around Diddle Arena: Diddle North, Diddle South and Diddle West
- South Lawn Lot
- PS1 and PS2 will be reserved for spectator parking
For the WKU community: WKU faculty, staff, and students may use PS1 to park for university business and to attend class. In addition, all other lots on campus will be open and parking available on a first-come, first-served basis.
For questions about parking, contact Parking and Transportation Services at (270) 745-2362 or firstname.lastname@example.org.