Archive | October 14, 2011

WKU’s Phi Sigma Pi chapter honors Joplin tornado victim Will Norton

Will Norton, whose story inspired a WKU history instructor to organize relief trips to Joplin, Mo., has been selected as an honorary member of WKU’s Beta Phi Chapter of the Phi Sigma Pi National Honor Fraternity. Norton had just graduated from Joplin High School on May 22 and was returning home with his father when […]

Leave a Comment Continue Reading →

Board of Regents to meet Oct. 21

The WKU Board of Regents will conduct its fourth quarterly meeting on Oct. 21. The meeting will begin at 8 a.m. in the Martin Regents Room, Mass Media and Technology Hall, on the Bowling Green campus. Agenda materials can be found at http://www.wku.edu/regents/. Contact: Bob Skipper, (270) 745-4295.

Leave a Comment Continue Reading →

NOVA Center ribbon cutting Oct. 18

A ribbon cutting is scheduled for 4 p.m. Tuesday (Oct. 18) to celebrate the opening of the WKU NOVA Center featuring the Large Chamber Scanning Electron Microscope (LC-SEM). The Nondestructive Analysis (NOVA) Center, located at the Center for Research and Development on the corner of Nashville Road and Campbell Lane, will position WKU as a […]

Leave a Comment Continue Reading →

WKU-Glasgow Freshman Assembly set for Oct. 17 at Barren County High

“The Value of Education” will be the theme of a special event Monday (Oct. 17) for freshmen students at WKU-Glasgow. Speakers from WKU will include President Gary Ransdell, Provost Gordon Emslie and Associate Vice President for Enrollment Management Brian Meredith. The Freshman Assembly will begin at 4 p.m. at the Barren County High School Auditorium. […]

Leave a Comment Continue Reading →

KD Shenanigans raises $5,070

Kappa Delta Sorority at WKU hosted the 21st annual Shenanigans, a Greek-wide dance competition, Oct. 12 at Van Meter Hall on WKU’s campus. With 80 percent of the proceeds collected going to Family Enrichment Center in Bowling Green and the remaining 20 percent going to Prevent Child Abuse America (PCA America), the Delta Gamma chapter […]

Leave a Comment Continue Reading →

Education faculty members present teaching workshops in South Dakota

Dr. S. Kay Gandy and Dr. Lisa D. Murley, faculty members in the School of Teacher Education at WKU, presented workshops titled “50 Successful Teaching Strategies” on Oct. 6 at Black Hills State University (BHSU) campuses in Spearfish and Rapid City, S.D. The three-hour workshops engaged students in hands-on activities that covered a variety of […]

Leave a Comment Continue Reading →

View from the Hill – Carlton Jackson

A WKU History professor, now in his 50th year at the University, continues to have success in the world of publishing. In this week’s View from the Hill, Amy Bingham introduces us to Carlton Jackson who says his background as a journalist has served him well as an author and a professor.

Leave a Comment Continue Reading →
Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 64,262 other followers